Home Stereo Surround Sound Receiver. Suggestions?

G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I need to pick up a receiver for my home entertainment system. I have a record player, tape player, DVD player, and Xbox that all need to be able to run through the receiver, and I need 5.1 stereo surround with bare wire inputs (i don't know what the technical name for those is) instead of RCA inputs for the speakers. I've got a surround set of Kenwood home audio speakers from the late 90s, don't know the amperage or whatever. 2 of them are towers, 2 are side wall-mount joints, and one is a "front" speaker. I had an onkyo in here doing the job but my homie came and took it back ( ) so I need something new. Any suggestions? Keep in mind I am not mr. moneybags so I gotta keep it affordable. Thanks.

Comments

• can i try again in the daytime, is that alright? where's all the audio gear experts at?

• I wish I could help you I have the same question. I am suppose to help my girlfriends mom pick out a full home set up, and she doesn't want a shitty all in one unit. Who makes good home stereo equipment these days?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    you can't afford audio experts. Have me instead. Get a recon'd Harman Kardon A/V amp.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I've been rockin' one of these for a few years now. Technics sa-dx950. It has bare wire inputs for the speakers. It's good for my 5.1 "needs", IT SUCKS IN STEREO MUSIC AMPLIFICATION. Nothing like a vintage amp for that.

• I am partial to the NAD stuff, mainly because it sounds really natural, and the shit lasts forever.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I am partial to the NAD stuff, mainly because it sounds really natural, and the shit lasts forever.

This is true... possibly because they have no features!