JAMIE FOXX MUSIC SPECIAL - no love from NBC?

twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I received this email today:
From an informed TV/media industry member:

Let's support him!!!

Please take the time to forward the below message to everyone inyour address book. NBC is not doing any marketing & publicity on Jamie's Music Special on NBC because he stood his ground and wouldn't have any white guestas they requested. To make it even worse he had two controversial gueststars,that do not fit the "NBC profile" on his show. Tune in to find out who they are.

They are purposely putting his show up against the second week of American Idol in hopes that it will fail. This will give them the excuse to nevergive another black person a music special because "it doesn't work".Let's show them that it does work, and that we support each other. Tivo Idol, andwatch Jamie. I saw the taping, it is a good show. J Foxx making history on NBC. This is the first time NBC has ever aired an entire young urban African American cast on a music special. We need to show support. This was not an easy sell for Jamie and he stood his ground to make it happen the way he saw fit.

JAMIE FOXX MUSIC SPECIAL WILL BROADCAST WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 25TH @8:00PM PST on NBC. PLEASE MAKE IT A POINT WATCH! There will be surprise special guests.

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Yo, that's fucking WEAK![/b]
    I don't think I watch NBC anyway. I'll check this though.
    Guest 1=Kanye. Who is the other?

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    umm I dunno about this, i saw a mess of commercials about this special on NBC...

I think this is a marketing ploy to get you to watch it, ie. start some beef and also slip in that there are special guests... Because hey, they are going up against American Idol, that's a pretty big task.

Anyway, not trying to make a big deal about it, I was actually surprised at how well his record did as far as sales. I haven't actually listened to it, but people semm to like it, I am sure this performance will be dope.

• sounds like one of those "email this message to everyone in your address book, and get money from Microsoft for every email that you send...IT REALLY WORKS!!!"

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    umm I dunno about this, i saw a mess of commercials about this special on NBC...

I think this is a marketing ploy to get you to watch it, ie. start some beef and also slip in that there are special guests... Because hey, they are going up against American Idol, that's a pretty big task.

Anyway, not trying to make a big deal about it, I was actually surprised at how well his record did as far as sales. I haven't actually listened to it, but people semm to like it, I am sure this performance will be dope.

Yeah, I can't vouch for its validity. I'll watch it anyway, though, as it's sure to be good.

• Saw a promo for this while watching "Law & Order: SVU," tonight, and another ad for Jamie Foxx on Leno tonight.

No better way to sell it to the square community than putting it on Jay Leno.

My guess on guest number 2: R. Kelly.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    sounds like one of those "email this message to everyone in your address book, and get money from Microsoft for every email that you send...IT REALLY WORKS!!!"

Microsoft gives people money? How can I get in on that action?

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Ploy or not, I'm gonna tune in. Should be real good.