any Waves plug in users have the WUP?

meshmesh 925 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
get at me, i got a request...

Comments

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    what's the WUP??

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    forget what it stands for but it's basically a yearly fee for a license for waves plug-ins and support. biggest scam ever.

edit: waves update plan

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    yeah, thats what it is. definitely because i only need one little thing, not a full update or anything. i just need a little file that makes the automation parameters show back up in the automation dialog box. you have to download some driver for the d-control, and within that there is the fix for the plugs. weak.

im not paying $130 for that. i learned that you can ctrl+option+command+click the parameters and get the same effect. but it would nice to be able to drag multiple parameters in one step. no biggie though. i only just recently found out about the file available for download.

anyways, it was a shot in the dark to see if someone who had recently bought the plugs(who thereby have the wup free for the first year) could DL that file for me.

but yeah, fuck the wup. i tried to go the nice route and pay for the plugs since i am making money off them. but i dropped a g on them a little over a year ago and i already have to pay to update? lame.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    just shoot them an email and request that lil drivah.

I don't think it should be a problem. It's only fixing a hole in their program.

My biggest problem is you have to pay $35 to email microsoft technical support. what the fuck is that? I bought XP64bit and the pinball game looks all glitched out. It's their problem, yet I have to pay to ask them what's wrong? Boo. I want to play some pinball.