Canadians how are you feeling today?

2»

Comments

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    Anyone else notice FOXNEWS.COM's headline very early this morning?

Apparently we have a new "President"

Unfortunatly I passed the link to friends instead of a capture, and they corrected it pretty quickly.

• Missbasie: all points taken.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I didn't get the sense that Kerry lost because the Democrats were too far to the left and had too many Hollywood stars in their camp. Of course you can look at the election in all different ways, but to me it was because Kerry ran a crap campaign. He wanted to be all things to all people. Ex: I voted for the war, but now I'm against it. He was also slow to respond to the Republican attacks like the swiftboat ads which were crap. How long did he take, almost a week to make a comeback, by that time he was burnt toast. It was typical of a lot of Democratic campaigns lately where they just came out looking soft.

• i just saw the canadian (leslie) FEIST live. phenomenal. a voice. plus she's haught. so, canadians have that going for them.

• I like francoise hardy.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    I like francoise hardy.
    She's french, not canadian.

But she's "republican", if that's what you meant !

• I like killa jewel. She's canadian and she's hot. I'd vote for her.

• I like killa jewel. She's canadian and she's hot. I'd vote for her.

1st post groupie status shows your true colors... know your place.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I like killa jewel. She's canadian and she's hot. I'd vote for her.

1st post groupie status shows your true colors... know your place.

Yo, that is funny!

Best first post ever.

• I've got no shame!!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I feel like gun toting hicks have the abilility to fuck up North America as a whole.

Not one riding was Conservative in Vancouver, Montreal or Toronto. I think that speaks volumes about the closed mindedness of hicks, or openmindedness of city folks... although I am sure it is way more complicated than that (maybe all the gay people and visable minorities just move to citys so that they don't have to deal with the politics of small town closed minded white people with a strong right wing adjenda).

Overall, Bad for Canada, but not nearly as bad as it could have been.

yes, it is more complicated. it's dangerous and counter-productive to cut it off at "they're closed-minded and we're open-minded"...it's just not that simple. rural interests and realities are very different from those of cities'.

i don't know about Vancouver and Montreal, but the strongest showing of East Indian, West Indian and Asian candidates were in Toronto suburbs (Brampton, Mississauga, Scarborough, etc.)...the immigrant dream is not to stay in the city and hang with FOBs and dykes. did you see all the Sikhs repping the Conservatives?

lotsa brown folks are down with the Conservative platform, and if they weren't so hung up on other people's sex lives, there would probably be a lot more queers in the Conservative camp, too.

You both have interesting points

But did you see the conservative votes in rural Quebec and even Quebec City and buroughs????!!!!

Big slap to the BLOC
    Still had that classic bloc answer (and i like the bloc) "The rest of Canada has shown its colours and we have shown ours"
    Look at the stats man

anyone?

• pc: Yeah, it was something that didn't make a lot of sense to me... aside from the fact that if we are gonna get down to hick stsreotyping/joking.... I think that it is a leftist slant to back a sepratist party, although the bloc party itself is quite rightwing in its adjenda, which might be why people that normally would vote bloc have voted conservative in this election. Quite strange. Danno, you got some insight here?

peteypiper: please refrain from further graemlin overuse until you reach a 10 post count. You have officially been by yourself.

• silvertone: Alright! Please explain this apparent message board hierarchy of rules with which I am not yet familiar (if that makes you feel good about yourself).

• petey: welcome to the weird and wonderful world of soulstrut.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

peteypiper: please refrain from further graemlin overuse until you reach a 10 post count. You have officially been by yourself.

silvertone: Alright! Please explain this apparent message board hierarchy of rules with which I am not yet familiar (if that makes you feel good about yourself).

do you guys know each other?

or are you the same person?

are you both killa jewel?

i'd like this to stay on page 1 forever. i'd like all the canadians to fill us in on how they are feeling each and every day of the Strut.

today i am ok. i saw The Passenger last night which i'm still a little high from - incredible ending and maria schneider is hot as hell. i'm wearing a shirt i really like with a new bracelet. these little things make me happy despite how swamped i am at work. i give today a 6.5/10.

you?

• missbassie: no...that would be...psychotic.

• do you guys know each other?

or are you the same person?

are you both killa jewel?

Yes, Yes, Yes!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    i'd like this to stay on page 1 forever. i'd like all the canadians to fill us in on how they are feeling each and every day of the Strut.

today i am ok. i saw The Passenger last night which i'm still a little high from - incredible ending and maria schneider is hot as hell. i'm wearing a shirt i really like with a new bracelet. these little things make me happy despite how swamped i am at work. i give today a 6.5/10.

you?

Stop talkin' trash and send me a new recipe.

PS - Which T-Shirt? And btw... Ur always swamped at work...

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    silvertone: Alright! Please explain this apparent message board hierarchy of rules with which I am not yet familiar (if that makes you feel good about yourself).

Let me assure you there is very much a board hierarchy. Silvertone is somewhere near the top and you're at the very bottom. As such he can tell you to do whatever he wants. In about a week one of the Montreal strutters will come to your apartment and induct you into the forum properly. The hazing sucks but we've all be through it. Afterwards you'll be entitled to abuse graemlins.

That being said, I'm just fine with the elections. The liberals have become scummy and this time-out will give the time to regroup under new and, one hopes, capable leadership. Meanwhile the conservatives will be kept in check by their week minority from screwing up the country.

you?

Stop talkin' trash and send me a new recipe.

PS - Which T-Shirt? And btw... Ur always swamped at work...

not on the days where my post count is in the double digits.

it's not a t-shirt! it's very lady-like blouse i'll have you know.

a recipe for a knuckle sandwich perhaps?

KIDDING!

• Canadian Daily Report Thread! This shit needs a sticky!

Take5 pours out his pee bag on the steps of innocent new neighbors house!

Silvertone officially quits music and takes up djing for hipster bars fulltime!

Reynaldo decides to finace the Northern Quebec to US record pipeline!

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    fertile ground show tomorrow elmocombo