342 Bowery
    New York NY 10012

Gimme Gimme (thurs-Sat only)
    325 East 5th Street
    New York NY 10003

Other Music
    15 East 4th Street
    New York NY 10003

does anyone know if Revolution Records on West 8th and Second Hand Rose on W 22nd are still open?

• Second Hand Rose moved to lower Broadway, across from Strand bookstore, I forget the cross street. Not an essential hit, records are way overpriced ($75 for Winter in America?!?!?!), and the owner is kind of nasty. I hate when I go in there and he is berrating his daughter on the record game, because he wants to keep the store in the family. She couldn't be nicer, doesn't seem to be too interested in the record store, but wants to modernize, and he is always talking down to her real harshly.

• second hand rose moved to 12th and broadway a couple years back. place is notoriously shady...you can find good records there but expect to get charged random exhorbitant numbers on them.

• yeah, I was just going through my record store addresses and updating. I used to stop in and laugh at how much he was charging for a common rap 12". Like $25 for a Sugar Hill record or something like that.