Beard Digging Revealed (BREAKFACE! party pics)

prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Damn, I am a crackwhore today, stayed up til 6:30 watching Battlestar Galactica after I got home, and straight to work on 4 or so hours of sleep. BREAKFACE! was AWESOME!Mad heads in the place, and the answer to the question that's been on everyone's mind was finally answered:DJ Prestige, how long did it take you to grow that beard?!?! about a year.Presitge & Garcia VegaPrestige & Iron MonkeyPrime CutsNoixe gettin' hyphydude, Raj, Marc LaGana (Otis Funkmeyer - bass), DelayOtis Funkmeyer band in actionthe crowdIron Monkey & Tony MorroneOtis!Leslie RochelleS*s*h*, Mrs. S*s*h*, Garcia VegaGarcia Vega & Prof. Rockwell gettin' thizzyNoixe rocking the Titty photo huntMrs. Delay, Delay, SatanIron Monkey sonning the crowdThanks to everyone who came out, Empanadamn, Chris and GRNY late night patrol, and the whole staff at The Wreck Room. Next up: February 18 with Delay, El Mezcalito, and Okai (live indy hip hop)

Comments

• djrdjr 511 Posts

cool pics - looks like Iron Monkey's spinning "Fifth Street" in that last photo.

• Wow, nobody looks anything like i imagined them. That's dope. Looks like a good times.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    good look to all the strutters who came out.

i enjoyed meeting all of you, spinning a shitload of 45s and realizing the crossfader didn't work 6 records in! DOH!...watching iron monkey do his thing: this guy has deep crates, raj looking a lot like carson daley, convo with delay on peanut country records, garcia vega drinking lots of beer, rockwell turning down prime cuts ltd request for laffy taffy (very politely), otis funkmeyers band being mega dope (pm me dun!), spare change's more stinky steve stories, and noixe's dope hip hop set. oh yeah, big spliff making a sleepy appearance and $3 miller high life tall boys...

and yes it took me a year to grow this beard, and i've cut it twice during that time.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    does anyone but me feel a funk band shouldn't be that, um, underdressed?

i know it's kinda corny to have the whole funk band/soul revue "uniform" thing, but it kinda beats the alternative of looking a bit schlubby and scrubby?

not meant as a dis, just asking the question...

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    those're some big High Life cans. the chamagne of beer.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

i know it's kinda corny to have the whole funk band/soul revue "uniform" thing, but it kinda beats the alternative of looking a bit schlubby and scrubby?

This coming from a guy who wears some of the most

unfathomable thrift store threads, ie pink polyester print pants;

and never saw a t-shirt too old, torn or stained to wear to dinner...

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

This coming from a guy who wears some of the most
    unfathomable thrift store threads, ie pink polyester print pants;
    and never saw a t-shirt to old, torn or stained to wear to dinner...

true, but i always break out nice gear if i'm on stage...

i don't own any polyester pants...

wool, son, wool...

• word up! I had great time, nice to put faces to names. Prestige and Iron Monkey killed it with the 45s. Too bad I missed Noxie's set, must have been when the band was playing. Lack of sleep, lots of beers and half a blunt gets Garcia Vega very chatty about nothing, hope I didn't annoy prestige with all them beard questions, but I mean how often does one run into a beard of such high caliber. Otis Funkmeyer tore it up, the band is tight!!! Hope things went well for you guys in the studio today! And finally, big up to Rockwell for setting this all up, dude is dude for real!!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Looks like a good time!

and yeah, Iron Monkey got those nice nice rackords....!

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Is it just me or does the design on that sweater look like the Xanadu logo?

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts

What about "The Crowd" ???

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Thanks man dude... I'm glad my wife and kid were out in Arizona so I could pry my ankle bracelt off and come out and see all the fam.

Otis Funkmeyer kilt it. Leslie on vocals (facemelt) adrian back on the skins -- otis with the ohhh face guitar solos = NICE ONE!

There were many breakface moments as well including Iron Monkey blowing the house speaker system, Iron Monkey accidentally slashing the tone arm over Pamoja (while playing), ,the fine Billyburg hipster chicks who swarmed the pool tables, and the newCastle deuce deuces. Hope to be back out soon.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Is it just me or does the design on that sweater look like the Xanadu logo?

It's this dude Geovanni Estevez's clothing line "Anx." He used to manage the Supreme store in Manhattan.

good eye.

• Had a good time. Thanks for putting this together.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

sequined jumpsuits....

It was cool meeting all the heads last night. It's kinda weird when you meet fellow strutters. I didn't know which name I should introduce myself as. Rich or Prime Cuts. It could be worse, I could be Mandrew. Gotta love the high life pounders and all the good music. Y'all killed it. Hey Pres....next time remember your EZ pass!!!!

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

"Mordecai, fire up the turntables and let's rock this barn old world style!"

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

"Mordecai, fire up the turntables and let's rock this barn old world style!"

HAHAHA....Adrian looks like an Aamish in training

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    He is one 180 rotation away from kramer.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

close-up of the MC Serch clock?

• dayday 9,611 Posts

so bad, it's good

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

one of my friends said "I feel like that beard is following me around the room."

it was great meeting all yall I met before my night sunk into an abyss of brooklyn lager and photo hunt. otis was off the chain. lookin forward to the next one.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Rittle Lichard

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    It could be worse, I could be Mandrew.

motherfucker what the fuck? who are you

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Come on, it was pretty funny

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

Come on, it was pretty funny

i dont get it but

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

This word is thrown around so much today as to lose all meaning but...

Genius!!!![/b]