??Blowfly's Gear Stolen!

smallchangesmallchange 202 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Got this from the WFMU list. Depressing, except for Blowfly's 'curse' on the theives, which is the main reason I'm posting this here. Dude is fucking hilarious. I still need a copy of 'Funky in the Hole'.Nice to meet some strutters in the flesh at Breakface. Could only hang for a minute cos Rubulad called, but I enjoyed that cover of 'Mean Man', and Adrian (Iron Monkey) you sounded good the drums and the decks. Rubulad was super stoopid as usual. Anyways here's the post from blowfly. If you stole this shit, at the very least give the man back his costume! That's like stealing Superman's cape! How's he gonna save the world now? How is blowfly going to curse at mothefuckers and get truly nasty, without his mask?! The message:Hey freaks,our van got broken into last night in charlotte by pros with tools whotook out the driver side lock. so if you live around there -- please keepan eye out for this shit.and if you have this stuff, motherfucker im putting a curse on your dick!until you return it, you wont be able to get hard unless you're looking atmicheal jackson!here's the notice uncle tom wrote up.The following items were stolen from Blowfly's Van while parked outside ofthe La Quinta Inn at 3100 Queen City blvd in Charlotte NC between 2:30 AMand 1 PM Saturday, January 21st. If you have any information regardingthese items, please contact Tom Bowker at [email]tom@blowflymusic.com[/email] If inCharlotte you can return the items with no questions asked to TheMilestone club at 3400 tuckasegee rd.28208 The phone number at themilestone is: 704 398 0472. They also may be reached at[email]neal@solidgoldempire.com[/email]Thank you for any and all help,Sincerely,Tom Bowker, Blowfly Music1 Galien Kruger 1001 RB Bass Head SN .. E061044401 Fender Telecaster w/ Sunburst Finish. Has "I Kill Hippies" sticker onthe back of the body1 Fender Stratocaster w/ unfinished wood1 SX Custom 4 string bass guitar1 Black Plastic Cymbal case containing:1 Zildjain 20 inch Earth Ride1 Paiste 302 17 inch crash1 Paiste 3000 series 20 inch ride1 Zildjain 16 inch rock crash1 set of Sabian "Flat Hat" Hi Hats1 backpack containing wal mart portable cd player, a cd with a pro toolssession and a lyric book1 black soft carry on bag containing 1 copper "BF" Blowfly Mask, 1 unclesam hat, 1 rubber george w bush mask, 1 rubber devil mask, 1 Blowfly bugmask w/ antennae and assorted wigs and costumes.--

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    1 Fender Telecaster w/ Sunburst Finish. Has "I Kill Hippies" sticker on
    the back of the body

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    our van got broken into last night in charlotte by pros with tools who took out the driver side lock.

"high school kids"

1 Galien Kruger 1001 RB Bass Head SN .. E06104440

1 Fender Telecaster w/ Sunburst Finish. Has "I Kill Hippies" sticker on
    the back of the body

1 Fender Stratocaster w/ unfinished wood

1 SX Custom 4 string bass guitar

All this in a van in a hotel parking lot? Oh no no no.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    1 black soft carry on bag containing 1 copper "BF" Blowfly Mask, ... Blowfly bug mask w/ antennae and assorted wigs and costumes.
    --

Honestly, this might be as bad as the guitars. Sentimental value and all - and these might have been OGs.

'Fess up, cats. Which one of you

• 1 black soft carry on bag containing 1 copper "BF" Blowfly Mask, ... Blowfly bug mask w/ antennae and assorted wigs and costumes.
    --

Honestly, this might be as bad as the guitars. Sentimental value and all - and these might have been OGs.

'Fess up, cats. Which one of you

Missing wigs and masks? signs point to...

• thanks for reposting this - these were no high school kids. that lock was surgically taken out. we didnt even realize the lock was missing for almost an hour, as no one uses a key these days.

A bitter lesson. hopefully they're dumb enough to pawn it or put it up on ebay.