Cool Edit Question about effects...

MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Well I was talking with a friend of mine etc.... But is there a way to remove effects that you have already saved onto a track? If so how?

Comments

• Please?

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    Sort answer: No

Long answer: What do you know about noise cancellation?

• Long answer: What do you now about noise cancellation?

Not much, but thought I saw somthing about filtering etc..??

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    Naw, doing something like this is very hard to do and is almost impossible to get it back to it's original form. If you had the original sound, inverted it, put it over the effected sound you should be left with just the effects. Take that and invert it and put it in the effected sound and the effects should cancel them out. All of this of course depends on the effects used and probably won't work depending on the effects.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Do people still use the old cool edit?

Adobe Audition 2.0 out!!!

http://www.adobe.com/products/audition/overview.html

• KaushikKaushik 320 Posts
    Well I was talking with a friend of mine etc.... But is there a way to remove effects that you have already saved onto a track? If so how?

you can try the "noise profile" function but it's going to sound like doodoo when you're done. i've used it to strip out hiss, rumble etc. you need to take a half-second sample (or longer) of the sound you want filtered out (that creates a noise profile), then run the whole wav file through that profile.

I've tried to use it to take out sounds i didn't want, but it ends up just cutting out ALL the frequencies that you want filtered out -- so if you wanted to remove a hissing sound (in the high frequency range) it also takes out the same frequency in, say your drums parts, so they sound a little flatter... and i'm guessing you don't want that.

hope that helps.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

HOLY FUCK

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

HOLY FUCK

I'm sayin'...

• Naw, doing something like this is very hard to do and is almost impossible to get it back to it's original form. If you had the original sound, inverted it, put it over the effected sound you should be left with just the effects. Take that and invert it and put it in the effected sound and the effects should cancel them out. All of this of course depends on the effects used and probably won't work depending on the effects.

Word good looks on that I'm just going to turn down that track and record the same thing over it, if I'm lucky the ish will sound even better... I get really lucky like that when recording.... I'm sure everyone else does to. Thanks agian doggie!