Rare Stuff!!!!

TomOTomO 169 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Diggers - can you help me please? I'm looking for these records and I don't know whether they exist, or whether they're any good:APB - Funky Bottom Bottom Funk LPI see the 45s on ebay all the time (Sexy Ways Pretty Legs, Funky Bottom Bottom Funk etc). My 45 of the title track says 'from the album 'Funky Bottom Bottom Funk' - anybody ever seen this album? Did it even come out and is it any good?Working Progress - S/T (RCA/Balance) LPWith Andre Ceccarelli of Synthesis/Rythmes fame, from 1975. Sounds like it could be amazing but I've never seen a copy. What's it like?Rhythm Machine (NOT THE LULU LP!) - no, forget 'The Kick' and 'Brenda' etc - I can't remember the name of this track but it's from the 'Operation Heritage' comp (now deleted) on Hutch Productions. (Their other comp 'Funk DeLuxe' had cuts from Airto Fogo (Jungle Bird) and Synthesis (Sophie's Gift)). I remember reading that it was possibly Paul Jackson on bass (just a rumour?) but it was sho damn funky and now I can't find it anywhere. It's probably an unrelated French band - anybody got that comp or can shed some light on the track?While I remember, which one is best to get - CCPP or Rythmes (on DeWolfe)? I heard rumours that there's an overlap of material, but I'm a Ceccarelli fan and I want to get at least one.Cheers,Tom

Comments

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Rhythm Machine (NOT THE LULU LP!) - no, forget 'The Kick' and 'Brenda' etc - I can't remember the name of this track but it's from the 'Operation Heritage' comp (now deleted) on Hutch Productions. (Their other comp 'Funk DeLuxe' had cuts from Airto Fogo (Jungle Bird) and Synthesis (Sophie's Gift)). I remember reading that it was possibly Paul Jackson on bass (just a rumour?) but it was sho damn funky and now I can't find it anywhere. It's probably an unrelated French band - anybody got that comp or can shed some light on the track?

Are you including 'Freakish Love' in your list as well?

http://www.funk45.com/Index.asp?funk=music&search=1095&cat=id

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Rhythm Machine (NOT THE LULU LP!) - no, forget 'The Kick' and 'Brenda' etc - I can't remember the name of this track but it's from the 'Operation Heritage' comp (now deleted) on Hutch Productions. (Their other comp 'Funk DeLuxe' had cuts from Airto Fogo (Jungle Bird) and Synthesis (Sophie's Gift)). I remember reading that it was possibly Paul Jackson on bass (just a rumour?) but it was sho damn funky and now I can't find it anywhere. It's probably an unrelated French band - anybody got that comp or can shed some light on the track?

Are you including 'Freakish Love' in your list as well?

For my money, this is Rhythm Machine's hottest track.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Thanks for my new location!
    -------------------------

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    The flip to FL, "Whatcha Gonna Do", is one of my all time fave soul ballads. It's so goddamn real! I bought the 45 for FL but when I heard the flip I forgot all about that. Great tune but could never top WGD.

Would kill for a copy of their album! I've been looking out for a non mint copy but
    no luck

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Rhythm Machine (NOT THE LULU LP!)

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Thanks for my new location!
    -------------------------

• TomOTomO 169 Posts
    I didn't think it was Freakish Love, no (doesn't sound familiar). You might be right though - have you got the 'Operation Heritage' comp to confirm?
    From what I can remember it was more of a mid-70s jazz funk sound - Paul Jackson sounding-bass, Rhodes etc. I'm still pretty sure it was a different band (from France / Canada?) with the same name - but let me know if I'm wrong!
    Cheers,
    Tom

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    I didn't think it was Freakish Love, no (doesn't sound familiar). You might be right though - have you got the 'Operation Heritage' comp to confirm?
    From what I can remember it was more of a mid-70s jazz funk sound - Paul Jackson sounding-bass, Rhodes etc. I'm still pretty sure it was a different band (from France / Canada?) with the same name - but let me know if I'm wrong!
    Cheers,
    Tom

Here's a clip of 'Freakish Love' for you.

http://www.funk45.com/Index.asp?funk=music&search=1095&cat=id

• I didn't think it was Freakish Love, no (doesn't sound familiar). You might be right though - have you got the 'Operation Heritage' comp to confirm?
    Cheers,
    Tom

Here is the track of that comp. Dont have much info on it though.

Rhythm Machine - If i could live pt. 2

Enjoy!

• Diggers - can you help me please? I'm looking for these records and I don't know whether they exist, or whether they're any good:

APB - Funky Bottom Bottom Funk LP
    I see the 45s on ebay all the time (Sexy Ways Pretty Legs, Funky Bottom Bottom Funk etc). My 45 of the title track says 'from the album 'Funky Bottom Bottom Funk' - anybody ever seen this album? Did it even come out and is it any good?

Cheers,
    Tom

I've got two APB 7"s including that one and they're both great. Have never seen the LP though.

• TomOTomO 169 Posts
    cheers frankynipplez - you're a life saver!
    and props for tracking down the actual record Seamus - there's no way i could afford it at the moment, but i'll keep on searching....
    anybody else reading this post - go to the link above and get this track - you need it! i can see where the paul jackson rumours came from, maybe it really *is* him...?

a couple of other gems i was wondering whether people had mp3s of:

mighty gents - mighty gents
    9th creation - mellow music

hook me up.
    tomO

• You're welcome mate

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    cheers frankynipplez - you're a life saver!
    and props for tracking down the actual record Seamus - there's no way i could afford it at the moment, but i'll keep on searching....
    anybody else reading this post - go to the link above and get this track - you need it! i can see where the paul jackson rumours came from, maybe it really *is* him...?

a couple of other gems i was wondering whether people had mp3s of:

mighty gents - mighty gents
    9th creation - mellow music

hook me up.
    tomO

i have a cicerelli "rythms" to trade if you need one.