Paid Dues Independent Hip-Hop Festival

johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I've been out of the SS loop for awhile, so I apologize in advance if this has been talked about. I saw someone link this elsewhere:http://www.paidduesfestival.com/Looks interesting. Anyone checking it out? ----BTW: New Crut EP coming out before the end of the year (and yes, on a label), and my time away from SS has been spent doing some pre-production on what will be my next album. Stay tuned.

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    You must be kidding right? I can't believe there is an "underground" festival. Is that not a major contradiction in itself? Chingo Bling is the only rapper on the whole bill that I would want to see live. $85.00 V.I.P. tickets? LOL!!!!!!!!! You get two drink tickets for that. Comedy. Do you get an autographed backpack too? I'd skip that show if it was free and across the street.

Get real mane.

• ^^^You my friend are a...

Your turgidity is embarrassing...

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    He's saving up for the D4L show.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Get real mane.

I'm just passing the word along. By the way, I now have real mane:

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I wonder if Chingo knows what he's gotten himself into... or how the promoters thought he'd fit in that bill?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    $85.00 V.I.P. tickets? LOL!!!!!!!!! You get two drink tickets for that.

Two drinks and an unlimited supply of white rappers...

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Idiotproof and Graf, the two of you would really go see this "festival?" 4PM til midnight? That's too much folls. Will kids have glow sticks at the event or will it be more skateboards & hooded sweatshirts? And I'm not saving up for the D4L show or any other rap show for that matter. I'm saving up for the ballet and the opera.

Call the 24 hour hip-hop hotline and tell them Big Chan is a bitter old man.

http://rap.about.com/od/undergroundhiphop/

• yeah, that event would be tough to stomach, I gotta admit.

Chan, My guess is glowsticks and free back massages?

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    "EMO-RAP STOCK 06".

• Personal I never enjoy these kind of events where they have a stack of acts on the bill, they often descend into chaos.

But for those who enjoy this style of hip hop music, that???s a rather nice line up.

Felt[/b] (Whatever you think of Slug, he???s got a good rep when it comes to kickin it live)

Brother Ali [/b] (This guy is an amazing MC. I???m seeing him and Atmosphere here in the UK in Feb. The venue they are playing is a good five hour train ride away from my city. But hey I didn???t travel I???d never see anything.)

Cage [/b](his last album we dope, surprised me as much as the next man. I could stand him previously. Not fussed about seeing him live to be honest).

As for the others I???m not overly familiar them (I am familiar with a small selection of Aseop and EL-P???s work, and can take it or leave it.).

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    How is Blueprint live, whether solo or with some of the other things he's done (Greenhouse Effect, Soul Position)?

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    wow yall are some haters
    wow

• wow yall are some haters

It's true, everyone here hates indie hip-hop.

Whereas, you hate FAGS.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    wow yall are some haters

It's true, everyone here hates indie hip-hop.

Whereas, you hate FAGS.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I wouldn't go, but I'm curious about the MURS/9TH album.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Idiotproof and Graf, the two of you would really go see this "festival?" 4PM til midnight? That's too much folls. Will kids have glow sticks at the event or will it be more skateboards & hooded sweatshirts? And I'm not saving up for the D4L show or any other rap show for that matter. I'm saving up for the ballet and the opera.

Call the 24 hour hip-hop hotline and tell them Big Chan is a bitter old man.

http://rap.about.com/od/undergroundhiphop/

I'm not going, I hate white people.

• People continually play themselves with non-joking blanket statements here.
    All streotypes aside, all these guys put on good live shows.

ps: Brother Ali made on of the best by-the-book trueschool hiphop records in the last 10 years, if you are even talking without hearing it, you should pull your headphones out of your fantasy-car rap-ass.

• Brother Ali made one of the best by-the-book trueschool hiphop records in the last 10 years.

Word.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Brother Ali made one of the best by-the-book trueschool hiphop records in the last 10 years.

Word.

Seriously "Brother" Ali sucks. "Brother" Ali is the biggest misnomer in hip hop history.

• How is Blueprint live, whether solo or with some of the other things he's done (Greenhouse Effect, Soul Position)?

Brother Ali made one of the best by-the-book trueschool hiphop records in the last 10 years.

Word.

Seriously "Brother" Ali sucks. "Brother" Ali is the biggest misnomer in hip hop history.

What? You don't like "by-the-book trueschool hiphop"? ::gag::

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    ps: Brother Ali made on of the best by-the-book trueschool hiphop records in the last 10 years

You say this as if its supposed to be a GOOD thing??

I've heard records from nearly all these dudes so I feel quite comfortable ridiculing them, thanks

Word.

What? You don't like "by-the-book trueschool hiphop"? ::gag::

The "book" in question...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i kinda like brother ali. i'm not all too familiar with his recorded work. but i saw him open up a show once and all he did was scream at his audience for not being into his shit, but in a really entertaining way. sort of like the albino rap version of the dude in my avatar.

i think blueprint performed at that same show and he was so drunk he could barely stand up.

do the living legends have a dj yet or do they still rock their instrumentals off of old discmans complete with a loud ass track skipping BEEPs over the monitors?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

i don't know faux...that book sounds a little un[/b]rational to me.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    How is Blueprint live, whether solo or with some of the other things he's done (Greenhouse Effect, Soul Position)?

blueprint is sleepy on record but he puts on a tight show.

• i don't know faux...that book sounds a little un[/b]rational to me.

Stop fronting-- take the pillow from your head and put a book in it.

• Two drinks and an unlimited supply of white rappers...

I thought I was the only one who noticed that.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Two drinks and an unlimited supply of white rappers...

I thought I was the only one who noticed that.

The drinks got you dudes tipsy,there's a good amount of blacks and latinos on there.

• some people act like some of these wack indie dudes are above being called out or something.