outlook on pc vs mac mail

DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
ok brethrenso my partner is on a pc and it seems that about 50 percent of the emails i send him the attachments come i nas "embedded" instead of attached...i cannot for the life of me figure this shit out from my end as i send everythign by clicking "attach" and i always click the "send windows friendly attachments" buttonis there anything he can do to get his peace of crap microsoft software to enter the 21st century and correctly recieve emails from a mac???

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    are they pictures? the only option i can find in outlook with attachments is picture related but i admit that i do not know the app very well.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    yes its always pic related! doesnt seem to happen with zip files

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Tell him to try this:

• ToolsOptionsSecurityChange Automatic Download SettingsUncheck "Don't download pictures or other content automatically in HTML e-mail"

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts

Uncheck "Don't download pictures or other content automatically in HTML e-mail"[/LIST]

I LOVE that Microsoft apps always have you 'check' something like "don't download pictures"...its so backwards. its like saying "sign here to not accept this package" when UPS comes.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Uncheck "Don't download pictures or other content automatically in HTML e-mail"[/LIST]

I LOVE that Microsoft apps always have you 'check' something like "don't download pictures"...its so backwards. its like saying "sign here to not accept this package" when UPS comes.
    While I don't really care whether my pictures are embedded or not in my emails, I assure you that most people who use Outlook Express would be outraged that their pictures are not displaying in their emails and would be harassing Microsoft technical support non-stop to get a fix. It's a lot more convenient for Microsoft this way...