wifey buying records related

cuttysharpcuttysharp 61 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
wifey got me a tom brock og as part of my xmas present.she got it from a certain uk site that moves in demand records at relatively inflated prices. she was in a rush, so she jumped at the first copy she found after missing a few on ebay.anyway...it showed up yesterday...low and behold, i noticed its a german pressing.website said nothing about it being a euro press.not that im worried about it, but shes still blown that records can cost more than a few dollars.i didnt tell her that its not the us og...but she knows the german ones go for a good $20-$30 cheaper thanks to ebay...and she'll want that little bit of loot - especially considering its textbook buying time.so...should i suggest hitting up the website for her loot and potentially appear ungrateful / even more of a ocd recordnerdor shut my face and hope she doesnt read the "made in hamburg" fineprint (relatively unlikely)?on a sidenote...ruby andrews - black ruby for $2 = why its infinitely more real in the field

Comments

• Don't tell her, its nice gesture and you might not get anything back from the seller. Buy her one of her textbooks if anything.

• Don't tell her.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

? "German Pressing" used to be a quality standard ( I remember some AWB had it printed on the back), but then again eff it and hit the website. If they sell it as an OG, it 's a bad business move. "Other Country" pressings are suspect anyway. But I think this album is overrated, last song on the B-Side kills it though. Pay no more than 10 euros anyway. At least for the German pressing (which I do own too)...

But I think this album is overrated, last song on the B-Side kills it though.

and the one that hova took a bit from...

• no i'm not mad, doggie.

happy to have the record...and she digs it too.
    "i like that one song a lot more than the jay-z one"

no i'm not mad, doggie.

happy to have the record...and she digs it too.
    "i like that one song a lot more than the jay-z one"

Ha! Got me! I'm just listening to it again and really feel the decent drums and the songs. I forgot you are married, which is always a good thing with this kinda music hope she didn't pay too much....

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    DO NOT TELL HER!!!

Dude, trust me on this one, whatever you do, DO NOT TELL HER, No matter how nice you are, how well you explain it, She will hear:
    "baby, you brought me the wrong record, im going to try to return it"
    She will then yell at you, run to the bedroom, call her mother/best friend/gay dude she hangs with and tell her/him what a dick you are, how you dont appreciate anything she does for her, how you are a bum and how she donst even like your crappy music anyway, and she cant imagine why she was so nice in the first place, you obviously dont deserve it, her mother/best friend/ gay confidant will like totally agree, your name will be mud and youll end up buying her much more than a textbook in order to rectify your position. Dude, DO NOT TELL HER!

your friend aLAN.

(yes i am married, why did you ask?)

• DO NOT TELL HER!!!

Dude, trust me on this one, whatever you do, DO NOT TELL HER, No matter how nice you are, how well you explain it, She will hear:
    She will then yell at you, run to the bedroom, call her mother/best friend/gay dude she hangs with and tell her/him what a dick you are, how you dont appreciate anything she does for her, how you are a bum and how she donst even like your crappy music anyway, and she cant imagine why she was so nice in the first place, you obviously dont deserve it, her mother/best friend/ gay confidant will like totally agree, your name will be mud and youll end up buying her much more than a textbook in order to rectify your position. Dude, DO NOT TELL HER!

• DO NOT TELL HER!!!

your friend aLAN.

you got it down to a formula.
    you should come up with a textbook of simple equations for complicated female interactions and responses...

uhhmmm, it sounds like she's a pretty dope lady, let her know what you know, the seller is ignorant, and needs to be informed so as not to make similar mistakes to other potential buyers, some of which could be your homies...Just let her know how much you appreciate it, I mean, that's what's real---------YOUR WIFE HELPS YOU CROSS SHIT OFF YOUR WANTS LIST....it doesn't get more "perfect match" than that, and tell her your more than happy to keep, or more than happy to get her her money back, and bid on the next one on ebay for less...sounds like a win/win to me... but you just thought you should let her know in the name of "honesty"....

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    DO NOT TELL HER!!!

your friend aLAN.

you got it down to a formula.
    you should come up with a textbook of simple equations for complicated female interactions and responses...

uhhmmm, it sounds like she's a pretty dope lady, let her know what you know, the seller is ignorant, and needs to be informed so as not to make similar mistakes to other potential buyers, some of which could be your homies...Just let her know how much you appreciate it, I mean, that's what's real---------YOUR WIFE HELPS YOU CROSS SHIT OFF YOUR WANTS LIST....it doesn't get more "perfect match" than that, and tell her your more than happy to keep, or more than happy to get her her money back, and bid on the next one on ebay for less...sounds like a win/win to me... but you just thought you should let her know in the name of "honesty"....

NOOOO!@ wyzewayazeywazeways or whatever is obvoiusly too trusting a man, and whilst i agree with his point about the dopeness of your lady in respect to her diggin for you, bro, DO NOT TELL HER!!!

Honesty.... you honstly appreciate the fact that she went out of her way to buy you a present that you would truly dig. thats honest. DO NOT TELL HER!!!

phew! that was close.

• I went to the source and asked my fiancee her thoughts. For a little background, when we first moved in together, she wasn't too thrilled with the idea of Milt Jackson's "Sunflower" cover living on her wall, so she scanned the cover and made me a shirt of it. So, she "gets it," for whatever that is worth.

Anyway, she said, with ZERO hesitation, not to tell. She said if you had said something right away, that would have been fine. But, now that you've known for a while, you can't bring it up without opening a "Well, why didn't you tell me..." sort of can of worms. I'm not saying I agree, but what does that matter? This is what my future wife is saying, so it is how I will play all of these scenarios, and I'll offer you her input at no extra charge.

• thank you gentlemen...

i'm going to keep my stupid piehole shut on this one.

• girgir 329 Posts
    I went to the source and asked my fiancee her thoughts. For a little background, when we first moved in together, she wasn't too thrilled with the idea of Milt Jackson's "Sunflower" cover living on her wall, so she scanned the cover and made me a shirt of it. So, she "gets it," for whatever that is worth.

of all the record covers you could ask to hang on the wall, your girl doesn't want sunflower hanging on the wall?

• I went to the source and asked my fiancee her thoughts. For a little background, when we first moved in together, she wasn't too thrilled with the idea of Milt Jackson's "Sunflower" cover living on her wall, so she scanned the cover and made me a shirt of it. So, she "gets it," for whatever that is worth.

of all the record covers you could ask to hang on the wall, your girl doesn't want sunflower hanging on the wall?

Throw up some Ohio Players covers they go over well with the females. Honey is my favorite.

• of all the record covers you could ask to hang on the wall, your girl doesn't want sunflower hanging on the wall?

I just think she wasn't thrilled with ANY record on the wall...add to it we were living in a studio, the records were going to take up a large percentage of the space, and wall space was at a premium, the T-Shirt was a compromise.

We're both in agreement that what I need is a den/office at some point in my life to hang up the records, the autographed Ickey Woods SI cover, and all that other crap that she would prefer not to look at.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i know i don't know as much about women as the men on the Board, but my two cents is to tell her. it really does not appear to be a make or break truth-telling.

i didnt tell her that its not the us og...but she knows the german ones go for a good $20-$30 cheaper thanks to ebay...and she'll want that little bit of loot - especially considering its textbook buying time.

so...
    should i suggest hitting up the website for her loot and potentially appear ungrateful / even more of a ocd recordnerd

if i understand correctly, to tell her would mean she gets some needed $$ - that's in her best interest, no?

• RezRez 164 Posts
    Don't tell yer Lady - no point - but DO tell those double-dealing frauds who sold ya a non-OG LP - name and shame and let em know ya not happy...

I HATE that whenever it happens to me..

Rez

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    doesn't the German press have a glossy cover? I honestly prefer having certain records be european pressings - nice and shiny. This does make me sad for Aron's Records though - where I got my Tom Brock for $3.99. That store closing is really going to make a dent in my future collection.

• yes sir, this one is glossy.

i'm not mad at having such a clean copy, just kind of wondering why the seller didn't air it out. smell me.

• sent an email airing my concerns out to seller...
    no response...

it was RecordKingz just so yall know

• Just blow up their spot like you were the one who bought it. Oftentimes, married/living together couples will use each others credit cards for purchases, especially at the holidays. So now you both can be happy!