Dj Ayres

edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
can you autograph my XXL magazine ?

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    please do tell

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Ayres does an interview (Q & A) in the Ill Techniques section of XXL .

they also mention some dude named Cosmo

• post it up

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    oh shit is that out? i gotta go to Barnes and Nobles and get a copy for my mom.

• oh shit is that out? i gotta go to Barnes and Nobles and get a copy for my mom.

that a boy

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    is it the g-unit cover or a new one?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    is it the g-unit cover or a new one?

camron/jeezy

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    dude thats awesome
    fully representing the grizzly look too

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    "Still Tippin" worked when you played in Stockholm

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Just bought this shit with the Camron cover (dope article on dude, btw)

SOULSTRUT RUNNIN' THINGS IN THE '06

for real

It's long overdue, my man

Btw, those Ron G mixes - well, us old folks used to call 'em "blends" - were killing shit back in the day. I remember seeing dude on Yo! MTV Raps rocking 3 turntables mixing Alicia Myers over some rap inst. He was one of the originators of blending hip hop and r&b and he never got the props he deserved.

• us old folks used to call 'em "blends"

real talk. can't bring myself to say "mashup" without a faux british accent. blends was/is what these are as far as I' concerned.

big ups urrrrrrrrrssssss. fuck a bic shaver.

• No record stores in Natchez?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Btw, those Ron G mixes - well, us old folks used to call 'em "blends" - were killing shit back in the day. I remember seeing dude on Yo! MTV Raps rocking 3 turntables mixing Alicia Myers over some rap inst. He was one of the originators of blending hip hop and r&b and he never got the props he deserved.

So true. For better or for worse, Ron G pretty much fathered that mid-to-late-1990s style of having R&B singers warble over hip-hop instrumentals with his blending. Waterbed Productions!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

So true. For better or for worse, Ron G pretty much fathered that mid-to-late-1990s style of having R&B singers warble over hip-hop instrumentals with his blending. Waterbed Productions!

Loved his mixtapes when I was growing up. Do any of y'all have any spare copies you can hook me up with?

I saw that dude when I was visiting home about a year ago and that dude is mad short.

• I miss ordering mixtapes from ads in the back of The Source

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I miss ordering mixtapes from ads in the back of The Source
    I remember those. Never ordered shit from there, but I do remember what you're talking about.

BTW: Big ups to urrrs on the XXL interview. Now I have a reason to buy that magazine.

• work that technique man.

congrats.