New Jay-Z song (off of Bleek's new album)

2»

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    over at the breaks they said it was Weldon Irvine-Morning Sunrise

Winner! I thought the sample sounded familiar but I couldn't place it. but yeah, I went and pulled out "The Sisters" by Irvine and it's all right there. Phil is right - this song is one dope slow jam.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    that's the unreleased shit that recently came out right? damn I couldn't place it either.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    yeah that was on the unreleased ish lp. how can that be a favorite of yours from back in the day phil?

I thought "The Sisters" originally came out on Nodlew? I have what I presumed was a reish of it.

Or maybe they were recorded for a Nodlew LP that never dropped?

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    yeah that was on the unreleased ish lp. how can that be a favorite of yours from back in the day phil?

This is some deep shit right here, TheMack... I never even knew about the Weldon Irvine version, but after just d/ling it off of the 'Seek it's clear that it's Weldon's version that Just Blaze sampled. The song "Morning Sunrise" did come out commercially back in 1979 or so on a Lenny White & Twennynine album, that's the version that was a fave of mine ever since it first came out. I think I'm diggin' Weldon's version a little more, actually. Less polished, piano louder in the mix, horns, etc.
    I was trying to find the Lenny White album so I could post the cut, but to no avail. Yet another lost record swallowed up by this excessive collection of mine. There is good news, though- while digging through some records way in the back of a closet I found 4 og copies of Phill Most Chill "On Tempo Jack" (2 of which are test pressings) and a Jollirock 12"! I'M RICH, BEEYATCH!!! I'll see y'all on ebay in a minute.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    "Love Off The Chain"? On the Amerie album??? What up with that, is that a hidden track or something? Or are you talking about Foxy or Missy or somebody else?

I'm on record as being a big Rich Harrison / Amerie fan so of course I'm diggin' this album. "Come With Me" is the one for me. Also "Rolling Down My Face" (the one with the Roy Ayers sax sample), "Talkin' About" and "All I Need". The Li'l Jon title track really ain't hittin' me too hard... maybe clubgoers will like though, I dunno.
    I'm probably in the minority here, but as a full album I probably like her first joint a little better. Although if you take the 5 strongest songs from the new one and let them have a fair one with the 5 strongest from her debut disc, I'd say the new joints knock the older ones the f**k out without breaking a sweat.

Phil,

It got left off the album but you can find samples of it online. Like here: http://www.lemon-red.org/hype/05_02-Amerie-Loves_Off_the_Chain.mp3
    Umm, this will be the first contemporary R&B album I may ever purchase. My D'Angelo, Badu and Justin Timberlake were all gifts. Damn, I'll be downloading this track too.

If someone would be so kind, is the Amerie LP really nice enough to buy for such a head like myself that really doesn't get into crooning enough to really listen numerous times? I mean, there are exceptions for me, but very few. Black diggers look at me screwfaced when I don't have enough soul records to trade, so they can speed up the vocals. It's only so much singing I can take. I'd rather just listen to the music really... Anyway, Mr. ODub... Mr. Phill... if you would please humor me with your opinions.

Phil,

You're making me cry right now. Cause I'm going to have to sit back and watch those 12"s go for some SIIIIIICK $$$$$ out of my reach.

Flaunter.

But O-Dub is not green with envy. His heart glows red with genoristy.

Weldon Irvine: Morning Sunrise

If someone would be so kind, is the Amerie LP really nice enough to buy for such a head like myself that really doesn't get into crooning enough to really listen numerous times? I mean, there are exceptions for me, but very few. Black diggers look at me screwfaced when I don't have enough soul records to trade, so they can speed up the vocals. It's only so much singing I can take. I'd rather just listen to the music really... Anyway, Mr. ODub... Mr. Phill... if you would please humor me with your opinions.

Well, Amerie isn't much of a singer... she's not gonna blow you away with her vocals. But I think her voice and style work perfectly with Harrison's tracks in most cases. They probably should do an instrumental version of the whole "Touch" lp, just so you can feel those beats with nothing on top of them. But, I mean, this is an Amerie album, hommie... there's gonna be lots of singing on it. You probably should just leave it alone if that's a problem for you.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

Well, Amerie isn't much of a singer... she's not gonna blow you away with her vocals. But I think her voice and style work perfectly with Harrison's tracks in most cases. They probably should do an instrumental version of the whole "Touch" lp, just so you can feel those beats with nothing on top of them. But, I mean, this is an Amerie album, hommie... there's gonna be lots of singing on it. You probably should just leave it alone if that's a problem for you.
    Word.

Yeah, I'm just thinking maybe the beats are just so nice that I forget there's someone singing on it. I only like Amerie singing on "1 Thing" when she's doing that skat deal. That's pretty amusing, but the beat itself kind of transcends everything for me. I have no idea what she talks about on the song and this is without watching the video... LOL

Yeah, I'm just thinking maybe the beats are just so nice that I forget there's someone singing on it. I only like Amerie singing on "1 Thing" when she's doing that skat deal. That's pretty amusing, but the beat itself kind of transcends everything for me. I have no idea what she talks about on the song and this is without watching the video... LOL

Yeah... there are some pretty nice beats on the album but nothing coming close to "1 Thing" IMO. That one that O-Dub posted in this thread is actually coming the closest I'd say (unfortunately it's not on the album, though).

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

It got left off the album but you can find samples of it online. Like here: http://www.lemon-red.org/hype/05_02-Amerie-Loves_Off_the_Chain.mp3

YO!!! You just made my day with that one, O. I guess they had a sample clearance problem with it or something? Talk about magma... molten lava right there, son!

Oh my fucking fuck fuck. Bonkers.

What sample is that? Shit sounds like The Muppet Show Theme!

Herm

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

YO!!! You just made my day with that one, O. I guess they had a sample clearance problem with it or something? Talk about magma... molten lava right there, son!

Oh my fucking fuck fuck. Bonkers.

What sample is that? Shit sounds like The Muppet Show Theme!

Herm

For reals though, what sample is this?!?!