Christian boogie records??

nrichnrich 932 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Is there such a thing?

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I got some Mexican ones... will not vouch for their qualities.

Hmmm, this is more like Xian Mexi-Moder Soul

Amor Divino

• i seriously too scared to listen to either of your clips.

one of them will scar me for life.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I'd say this was boogie, the lyrics are pure god squad and I claim my mystery prize.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    sons of thunder "soul stew"
    has some boogie moves

• not the thunderous sons son! pure fire and godly funk! no lukewarm boogie...

is that track you put up nrich what they call a "stepper"? just curious and slightly out of step myself. i liked it, i just wish it got going faster.

• YES! i have a few wicked tunes that sound like Alicia Myers or Striplin...seriously! always check disco and boogie era studio gospel albums...especially when the list bandmember and their instruments...synths, guitar and drums are usually a good sign...so are longer tracks and interesting titles...or just check them on the portables. i can post some pics later.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    not the thunderous sons son! pure fire and godly funk! no lukewarm boogie...

is that track you put up nrich what they call a "stepper"? just curious and slightly out of step myself. i liked it, i just wish it got going faster.

I listened and realized I should have pitched it up a bit. It's borderline cheeze, but by definition, how can it not be? It does have a certain appeal to it though.
    So is this MP3 not getting all crazy like the other one? If so, I think I fixed the issue.

Bigspliff, I kinda like that one you posted, that's a Christian record?

I'm gonna revive that disco 45s thread, some folks wanted to hear some of thems. Get your disco 45 scans ready and contribute. I know ya'll got 'em.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    i seriously too scared to listen to either of your clips.

haha. Don't do it!

i seriously too scared to listen to either of your clips.

haha. Don't do it!

With great risks come great rewards. Still waiting on them, but I thought my one had great sample potential. Yeah, it's Xian, cover has some big hands reaching out of the clouds and it's called "Amor Divino". There's a more uptempo one that's closer to boogie, but it's really not a must-mp3-this track!

• alright hold up,

to me there would be a difference between xian boogie and gospel boogie. the differnce between a gospel record and a christian record. sam cooke vs. dr. hook.
    add boogie to either side and get different results.

-too afraid to listen

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    you'll crack, it's only a matter of time.
    Defintely xian boogie, yet most of the members of this record are Spanish.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    what does that LAtno's rackord on the Word label count as?

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    no se, necessito escuchar

• So is this MP3 not getting all crazy like the other one? If so, I think I fixed the issue.

all fixed... plaese to resend the fiery squirrel gospel 45 file along with infecting piano funk .mp3 from b***t.

thanks.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    So is this MP3 not getting all crazy like the other one? If so, I think I fixed the issue.

all fixed... plaese to resend the fiery squirrel gospel 45 file along with infecting piano funk .mp3 from b***t.

thanks.

aight, I'll do that when I get home.