san diego peeps..

axefoleyaxefoley 331 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
gonna be in s.d the weekend of the 27th..wondering if somebody can hip me to some nice lounge/bar/clubs in the city..would love to check some bands or dj's out..i'm not the dancing type so i guess a dope lounge is preferable and ALSO where's the rec spots at? i gotta get an afternoon of shopping in thanks much!

Comments

• this is my somewhat objective take, like whatever

dive bars

Landlord Jims (downtown Broadway &13th or 14th stiff drinks)

LiveWire (El Cajon Blvd)

hipsters

Whistle Stop (Fern & Juniper, South Park area)

Zombie Lounge (El Cajon Blvd)

Beauty Bar (El Cajon Blvd)

eclectic

Air Conditioned Bar (30th & Adams)

Bar Dynamite (on Washington Ave in Mission Hills)

club club

Aubergine (downtown)

big club club

On Broadway (downtown)

'jetset' ho shit (but with hot girls)

Onyx/Thin (downtown)

Sidebar (downtown)

Confidential (downtown)

The W hotel (downtown)

couple spots SD Sports Club and Alibi are cool in Hillcrest

beach bum shit

Pacific Shores (Newport Ave in Ocean Beach)

PB is stupid

they are not all fun all the time, particularly the dumb shit, but whatever if youre in good company it dont matter

• for recs, I'll be working @ the M-Theory used spot from 10-6 on Sat. The address is 2234 30th St 92104, I'd reccomend googling because the streets change names a bunch and are kinda tricky. We've got some good hip hop 12"s, lots of newer rock stuff, pretty interesting selection. We've also got a store for new inventory accross the st which is pretty hard to fuck with on the current rock vinyl tip.

Other spots I endorse would be:

The Armory (630 9th Ave 92101) for hip hop 12"s and mixtapes, plus spray accessories and gear.

Thirsty Moon (525 Evans pl 92103) for all sorts of Psyche/Garage/Punk/Soul reissues, and a couple originals, which are generally priced pretty high. They're about 1/2 a block from...

Record City (3757 6th Ave 92103) which has a large quantity and pretty cheap prices, but no real rhyme or reason to the mele. Plus they're real weird about their listening stations, which I don't get.

holler if you're coming through.

• hell yeah! thank you both for the info..dstill i'm trying to get to your spot on saturday the 28th, not for certain but i really hope to..flying out for my boys 30th bday on sum surprise shit so i might have to cool out on the record shopping for a few days...a might bring a lil stack o'wax for trades too..thanks again!