Zip Drive Clean Off (Beat Post Related)

RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I dont really have a zip drive on my MPC though... just some beats to listen to on this wet day in the east... some of these beats are almost ten years old.

Comments

• I just gave your beats a second chance and I must admit that they grow a great deal! First round i wasn't that impressed, but now I dig some of them.

You've got drums man! I really dig the sound of your drums (like in 'Rocky', 'Untitled' and 'Fun with ms Valery'). But I have a bit of your problem of your way of chopping samples. Beats with such short loops doesn't grab my attention most of the times and I really think that you could make some really good shit if you just relaxed and tried to beatmatch and just loop in a more basic way!

Are they all made on the MPC60?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    HEY, I recognize that wallpaper!

Dope beats, Ray.

You get back in business with the equipment yet?

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Beats with such short loops doesn't grab my attention most of the times and I really think that you could make some really good shit if you just relaxed and tried to beatmatch and just loop in a more basic way!
    Okay, I thank you for your viewpoint... I'm stuggling a bit with understanding it though... you get bored quick but the tracks would appeal more to you if I made the melodies more simple? I would think that the reverse would be true but okay... maybe your on to something because since I only have the MPC 60 II, I may be trying harder to complicate the "Loops" since I dont get sounds from anywhere else other than records... its a challenge to make beats that way and probably a way outdated technique... I'm working toward getting some type of keyboard so that I can get what I need from that and get what I need from records too... these tracks are at various levels of completion and some have been that way for several years so...

Are they all made on the MPC60?

yes and with the 2.12 operating system... I'm working on getting that $450 for the 3000 upgrade....

HEY, I recognize that wallpaper!

Dope beats, Ray.

You get back in business with the equipment yet?

Yo when my mom bought the house in like 89, it was a little girls room and I remember there being a hook and eye lock on the outside of the door... yikes... I sent a number of young ladies cockeyed and weak kneed out of that room thank you! I dont have any new equipment yet, just my MPC is running again...

• I'm stuggling a bit with understanding it though... you get bored quick but the tracks would appeal more to you if I made the melodies more simple?

Sorry for my confusing post. Posting at 3 AM before going to bed is nog a good idea. What I meant was that your loops are a bit to short at times in my taste. I prefer a two-bar loop or something like that. But I can see that it can be a problem with sampling-time using the mpc 60.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    ray i just copped an mpc 60 I... really enjoying it

havin to get creative on the ways to fully utilize the machine... 26.2 seconds aint much time for samplin. and its a mono sampler. ive been using computers to make beats for the past 6 years, so now im back to the mp.

i have the 3000 upgrade, just no scsi

i hear the scsi upgrade is essential... seeing some cats using card readers with it. definitely a plus