Vestax Mixers Users Past Present, I have a ? 4 U

HollywoodColeHollywoodCole 184 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
What's the deal with the line inputs? I have a PMC 05 Pro III and I was tryin to hook up Scratch Live and I couldn't get a signal on the line inputs. To make sure I didn't get bad hardware, I hooked up a CD player to the line input and nothing. I found the manual and it said somethiing about having to open the face plate reversing the switch around. Is this what I have to do to hear my line inputs? If so, why is there an option to switch from line to Phono anyway? What If I want to switch back to regular vinyl in the middle of something, do I have to open the thing back up and turn the switch around again?

Comments

• I have used Serato with that mixer and it worked fine. Go back and make sure you have the rca cables hooked up right. If you still have questions, call their help line.

• Nah, its not the connections. I was up till 1:30 AM reading, re-reading the manual, double, triple, quadruple checking all the connections and nothing. I hooked up a CD player to the line inputs of the mixer and nothing, so I'm pretty sure the issue is that the mixer isn't receiving line signals.

• Nah, its not the connections. I was up till 1:30 AM reading, re-reading the manual, double, triple, quadruple checking all the connections and nothing. I hooked up a CD player to the line inputs of the mixer and nothing, so I'm pretty sure the issue is that the mixer isn't receiving line signals.

wait, so you hooked a CD player directly into the vestax line inputs and got no signal?? Call vestax tech support and make sure your warranty is still in effect.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Nah, its not the connections. I was up till 1:30 AM reading, re-reading the manual, double, triple, quadruple checking all the connections and nothing. I hooked up a CD player to the line inputs of the mixer and nothing, so I'm pretty sure the issue is that the mixer isn't receiving line signals.

wait, so you hooked a CD player directly into the vestax line inputs and got no signal?? Throw that thing out the window.

Vestax hatter #1 here.

I might like the 08 though, I gotta get my hands on one.

• trust me if I wasn't in the market for a new amp and speakers, the TTM-56 would be copped with the quickness, and I'd sell the Vestax to some high school kid.

• yea i had the same problem when i hooked mine up. i checked everything and used both sides of the records and all. in the end somehow it just started working. it kind of pissed me off cuz i thought it would be easy to hook up. but yea man. just try messing with it. also. were your switches messed with before in any way? cuz i know you can change them so they go different ways. i dont know if that would make any difference. just giving my two cents. good luck

oh yea..you have your tables hooked up directly into the serato hub right? you probably do but just wondering cuz thats where i efffed up too

• Yea, I'm gonna keep messin with it when i get home, I mean do I have any other choice?? I'm pissed off too cuz I was up mad late fuckin with it. I copped the mixer brand new, but I only used vinyl until I got Scratch Live, So I never switched to LINE.

• anyone want to buy a Vestax 05pro mkII? or somehow work out an Ipod trade for it?