Any opinions on these questionable early 70s LPs?

erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I found sealed copies of these this weekend. I'm usually the type to crack a record open if I haven't heard it, but I just have a bad feeling about these. Anything worth "de-flowering" for a listen before they go up on the bay?Sausalito Heliport - Gale Garnett and the Gentle ReignBog Towne, 2061 - ParisS/T - BlackwellS/T - Dog SoldierDancing in the City - Marshall Hain

Comments

• marshall hain is ehh. dog soldier and paris have some breaks don't know about the others though.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    S/T - Blackwell

Is this on the Astro label? If so, it's actually from the late 60's, and going by the one 45 I have, pretty lame pop-rock.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i'd say crack open Sausalito Helioport and why put it on the bay?

it's a nice record and a $20 one at that.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    S/T - Blackwell

Is this on the Astro label? If so, it's actually from the late 60's, and going by the one 45 I have, pretty lame pop-rock.

Yeah, it's on Astro. And, yeah, it looks precisely like some lame pop-rock.

i'd say crack open Sausalito Helioport and why put it on the bay? it's a nice record and a $20 one at that.

This is the one I'm closest to being on the fence about, but everything I've read about it so far (positive and negative) didn't make it sound too appealing. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    marshall hain is ehh. dog soldier and paris have some breaks don't know about the others though.

Thanks.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Throw away the Marshall Hain.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Yeah, if it's the same Blackwell that put out 45s on Atlantic skip the LP & just get a couple of the singles 'She Pleases Me' is OK rock with funky touches. Not essential though.