Audio flaws in Prince Paul's Hip Hop Gold Dust...

GoblahGoblah 35 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
After umming and ahhing about buying Prince Paul's collection of remixes and rarities, Hip Hop Gold Dust, I eventually purchased it online - from a seller on amazon.com's marketplace. Anyway, after listening to the CD, I discovered what, to me, sounds like flaws in the recordings of two songs - 'My Mindstate' (the only De La Soul track) and 'Constant Elevation' (one of two recordings by the Gravediggaz which appear on the compiltion). On both tracks - around the 30-45 second mark - I noticed distortion (of the digital, rather than analogue, kind). I was wondering if anyone else who purchased this CD has also noticed this, or whether it's just a flaw in the record I have.Please help! PEACEGoblah

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Alien NDN has this album PM him

• After umming and ahhing about buying Prince Paul's collection of remixes and rarities, Hip Hop Gold Dust, I eventually purchased it online - from a seller on amazon.com's marketplace.

Anyway, after listening to the CD, I discovered what, to me, sounds like flaws in the recordings of two songs - 'My Mindstate' (the only De La Soul track) and 'Constant Elevation' (one of two recordings by the Gravediggaz which appear on the compiltion). On both tracks - around the 30-45 second mark - I noticed distortion (of the digital, rather than analogue, kind). I was wondering if anyone else who purchased this CD has also noticed this, or whether it's just a flaw in the record I have.

Please help!

PEACE
    Goblah

doesn't PP apologise for this flaw in the liner notes?

pz

RD

• GoblahGoblah 35 Posts
    Alien NDN has this album PM him

What's his full username? Alien_NDN?

Holla back...

• GoblahGoblah 35 Posts

doesn't PP apologise for this flaw in the liner notes?

I scanned the liner notes, looking for c(l)ues to this effect, and couldn't find any.

Anyway, the recordings generally sound fine - there are just those two 'glitches'. Admittedly I picked these up while listening on my headphones.