Snap Music Revealed

Scratch_n_SniffScratch_n_Sniff 353 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
OK. I know there was already a thread about snap music/intimate club, but the discussion was about whether the genre had any legitimacy. I don't care if the genre has any legitimacy or not. I could listen to three note synth melodies, finger snaps and regressive lyrics all day. I want is a list of "snap" songs. Whos got the snap mix tape?Here's all I've got so far:Clipse - GrindinDavid Banner - PlayYing Yang Twins - WaitSnoop Dog - Drop It Like It's HotGwen Stefani - Hollaback GirlNump - GrapesThe Team - Bottles Up

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    OK. I know there was already a thread about snap music/intimate club, but the discussion was about whether the genre had any legitimacy. I don't care if the genre has any legitimacy or not. I could listen to three note synth melodies, finger snaps and regressive lyrics all day. I want is a list of "snap" songs. Whos got the snap mix tape?

Here's all I've got so far:

Clipse - Grindin
    David Banner - Play
    Ying Yang Twins - Wait
    Snoop Dog - Drop It Like It's Hot
    Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl
    Nump - Grapes
    The Team - Bottles Up

Are Clipse and Stefani's songs really snap though? They're definitely not intimate club.

• i'm pretty sure you would have to include laffy taffy in that list

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I don't care if the genre has any legitimacy or not.

Obviously you dont.

• I agree about Hollaback. It's not intimate at all. I'm for keeping the clipse, eventhough it's only quasi-intimate, becuase it has the finger snaps. I guess Laffy Taffy has to be included eventhough I'm a hatter.

revised:

Clipse - Grindin
    David Banner - Play
    Ying Yang Twins - Wait
    D4L - Laffy Taffy
    Nump - Grapes
    The Team - Bottles Up

Looking for people to offer their own lists, rather than pointing out the glaring problems in my own meager list.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    How is a genre made from 8 songs? Isn't thi more a production style than a genre? I mean if that's the case then smooth jazz needs a new name, free jazz needs a new name, we as well seperate pink floyd and rush into their own genre as well... since you know they aren't jazz or rock by this criteria...

• Ok, it's a production style, sub-genre, whatever. I'm just trying to find out if there is more music out there that sounds like this stuff, since it has a unique sound and seems to be coming from more than one artist. If it was just one artist then it would be that artist's style.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    WHAS HANNENIN

• damn, can't believe I missed that one.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Why don't you just make your own? It takes about 5 minutes. I'm sure the guy at guitar center could show you how. seriously. You could make hours of it.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    OK. I know there was already a thread about snap music/intimate club, but the discussion was about whether the genre had any legitimacy. I don't care if the genre has any legitimacy or not. I could listen to three note synth melodies, finger snaps and regressive lyrics all day. I want is a list of "snap" songs. Whos got the snap mix tape?

Clipse - Grindin
    David Banner - Play
    Ying Yang Twins - Wait
    Nump - Grapes
    The Team - Bottles Up

None of those songs have anything to do with snap music.

• Wake Me Up Before You Go Go - Wham!

(I mean, it's got snaps in it, right?)

• OK. I know there was already a thread about snap music/intimate club, but the discussion was about whether the genre had any legitimacy. I don't care if the genre has any legitimacy or not. I could listen to three note synth melodies, finger snaps and regressive lyrics all day. I want is a list of "snap" songs. Whos got the snap mix tape?

Clipse - Grindin
    David Banner - Play
    Ying Yang Twins - Wait
    Nump - Grapes
    The Team - Bottles Up

WOW! NEW SHIT FOR WHITE FOLK TO FETISHIZE!!!

HORRAAYYYYY!!!! LET'S GO TO THE LIBRARY AND RESEARCH IT.

Aren't you asian?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

WOW! NEW SHIT FOR WHITE FOLK TO FETISHIZE!!!

HORRAAYYYYY!!!! LET'S GO TO THE LIBRARY AND RESEARCH IT.

Aren't you asian?

YOU HAVE HIM CONFUSED WITH ANOTHER ALL CAPS POSTER I THINK OR ARE YOU THINKING OF SHIG?