Splitting up tracks in Protools

Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
I'm trying to put some track marks in a mix I just finished, and the last time I had to do this, I took it to a friend w/ Protools and he split the mix into, and saved it as, different files. I've got PT (6.7 LE) now, but I don't remember how to do this. Any help is appreciated, or if anyone knows of another way to make track marks, that is cool too.One more thing- anyone know of a cd burning program for mac that doesn't put any break between tracks at all?Thanks in advanceJacob

Comments

• TheBeatGoesTheBeatGoes 711 Posts
    just highlight and bounce each track one at a time....the one thing that sucks about pro tools is it bounces in real-time. there is no way to speed it up.

you should divide up the regions (APPLE+E) so it's easier to select them when you bounce, and you don't select the same section in 2 bounces.

i hope that made sense

• TheBeatGoesTheBeatGoes 711 Posts
    RE: buring

Toast is the best program for buring, but even iTunes can burn with no gaps if you change the prefrences

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Word. Is there a way to make a split through multiple trakcs in the same place at one time? I have a total of ten audio tracks, so splitting them all separately is a biatch.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    nevermind

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    A way faster way to get tracsk out of Pro Tools is to chop up the files, select them, and export the regions. Apple-Shift-K should do it. The only thing is it wont export with plugins. I usually try to use the Audiosuite plugs for stuff like this because it's much faster than real time and then you can export them.

This trick helped me a lot. (saves tons of time, too)

Mike

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    A way faster way to get tracsk out of Pro Tools is to chop up the files, select them, and export the regions.

Co-sign.
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay quicker than bouncing each region.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    CDWave also works