punk kids beat and kill homeless people in fla...

13»

Comments

• I'm not talking a free load, but developing real solutions and actually addressing the problem. More than lip service.

$??

Is anyone familar with the Michael Moore expose that showed how a program that got Welfare recipients jobs and transportation to these jobs was a BAD thing. It had something to do with Dick Clark's restaurant and Moore's contention that having these people work was more detrimental to them than having them collect government assistance?? Any link or info will be appreciated.

That's "Bowling for Columbine". It was a pretty fucked up program.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    It's amazing how this thread started on one topic than a small, negligible comment by Sabadababa gets people's panties in a twist and the next you know: hijack.

People who are annoyed at dude and asking for "ban on general principle" would do better to disarm him by simply ignoring his OBVIOUS baiting. For chrissake, I almost have respect for dude for playing people on this board like a bunch of pawns.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'm not talking a free load, but developing real solutions and actually addressing the problem. More than lip service.

$??

Is anyone familar with the Michael Moore expose that showed how a program that got Welfare recipients jobs and transportation to these jobs was a BAD thing. It had something to do with Dick Clark's restaurant and Moore's contention that having these people work was more detrimental to them than having them collect government assistance?? Any link or info will be appreciated.

What was fucked up about it???

It's amazing how this thread started on one topic than a small, negligible comment by Sabadababa gets people's panties in a twist and the next you know: hijack.

People who are annoyed at dude and asking for "ban on general principle" would do better to disarm him by simply ignoring his OBVIOUS baiting. For chrissake, I almost have respect for dude for playing people on this board like a bunch of pawns.

Co-Sign....and isn't the entire concept of "banning" or censoring someone because of their opinions something that the Fundamentalist Religious Right would do???

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'm not talking a free load, but developing real solutions and actually addressing the problem. More than lip service.

$??

what was fucked up about it is it left single parent families without anytime to actually raise thier kids.

The parent was bussed to work and bussed back, the hours were all over the place and it left the kid to be unsupervised (it ain't like they were giving proper daycare).

I am admittedly very conservative on issues of welfare but in this instance I thought the families would do better just to receive the money form the government and stop the welfare cycle by letting the parnt try to raise the kid right

• I won't even attempt to explain. I wouldn't do it justice. I smoke too much pot.

O-dub: Sorry about the hi-jack. I got sucked in... but hey, I don't post that much and it's a simple way to get my post count up and fight the boredom...

Co-Sign....and isn't the entire concept of "banning" or censoring someone because of their opinions something that the Fundamentalist Religious Right would do???

Well, the pattern of banning on SS is pretty random. You could get banned for acting like a complete and utter jerk-off all the time.

You could get banned for wasting bandwidth by creating 30 stupid posts in a row.

You could get banned by insulting Raj, his family, his record collection, etc.

Sabadababa is a provocateur, to be sure, but I don't think he's raised the general level of annoyance to code red or anything.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

I tend to do that with most of his posts, but for some reason making that comment in this thread seemed extremely callous, even for him.

His little "pop in and rile everybody up" routine is getting old, but I don't see that as being a reason to ban him.

And to add to other reasons why people have been banned in the past - being outright racist (see: Roy Marble).

• I'm not talking a free load, but developing real solutions and actually addressing the problem. More than lip service.

$??

from michael moore, regarding that segment of the film in an interview:

The mother was a good mother. She was not a criminal. She was not a drug-user. She was a woman who actually had two jobs. What I'm doing is putting out a belief, which is this: Had she been able to be a real mother and be around her kids, had she worked a job where she was paid a living wage instead of having to work two minimum-wage jobs and was still being evicted because she couldn't pay the rent, then she would have been there with her son. She would have taken him to school. He wouldn't have been at the uncles, you know? She would have been there to make sure he didn't have that gun.

like I was saying, REAL solutions, not lip service. Very typical for politicians...say on paper and in speeches that you're getting welfare moms back to work, when in reality the program is BS. Say what you want about Michael Moore but he definitely brings a lot of issues to the forefront that are completely ignored by mainstream media.

As for playing chess with the soulstrut board, I hear ya. But even if this thread was 'Hijacked' ala Joe Gibbs I still think some good points were made. I still have serious problems with the 'lifestyle choice' mentality tho. "Y'know honey, I was thinking about the cruise in the caribbean, but I have a better idea...let be homeless!'

$??

• Most of those kids in the Haight may be punks, but the majority of them are all badly abused and have come from fucked up homes in which homeless is a better choice for them...[/b]

Seems to me that if there is someone to blame it's the lousy no good parents who abused these kids....why do people want to blame politicians instead of where the REAL blame lies with these so-called parents. We have to take a test to drive a car but any idiot can have a kid.

Just my 2 cents, my sister was a street kid on Telegraph and Haight for some years, many of those kids were abused, but many others just jetted on their "square" families who booted them out after one too many times of robbing mom's pocketbook for meth money

I forgot to mention the drug addicts. True. But many times, the drug addiction is a result of them acting out because of something fucked up going on...

I have no idea what it would be like to have a kid strung out on meth taking money from me, but I don't know if kicking them out is the correct answer since they end up on Haight Street...

If you had a kid who was a drug addict and had taken advantage of your kindness and obligation to them time and again, at what point do you tell them, "no go ahead, stay here and keep robbing me blind and threatening the rest of the family"? I can't say that kicking these kids out the house is an "answer" but I know from experience in my own family that putting them on their own, out of the house that enables their(and their family's) further destruction, is the only resort left. People need to learn to fend for themselves without fucking over themselves and other people at some point.

Like I said, I have no idea what it must be like. I can only say what I think I would do... That doesn't mean I'd even do what I think I'd do. Shit is fucked up.

Johnny Paycheck: I'm glad to hear your sister is kicking ass. What do you think helped her get herself straight?

She did. It was all her. 100%. Like kicking any habit, you have to want it yourself. She had been through multiple lockups and programs before that. A lot of these "clean-up" camps have more drugs in them than the streets do.

I tend to do that with most of his posts, but for some reason making that comment in this thread seemed extremely callous, even for him.
    His little "pop in and rile everybody up" routine is getting old, but I don't see that as being a reason to ban him.

And to add to other reasons why people have been banned in the past - being outright racist (see: Roy Marble).

Roy Marble....the jump out of the Gym small forward from the University of Iowa??

I guess I have to go search the archives??

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Whoa, I just did. I was getting my e-thug on in those threads.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

haha, I remember in one of his first posts on this site he posted a .gif of Ron Artest going into the audience, but instead of a fan he was chasing down fried

people liked that one

Whoa, I just did. I was getting my e-thug on in those threads.

I only read the NCAA Mascot thread but I got the idea.

• I tend to do that with most of his posts, but for some reason making that comment in this thread seemed extremely callous, even for him.

agreed.

i hope they catch these kids soon. didn't some kids get arrested for the murder of a homeless man in daytona, fla recently?

• dayday 9,611 Posts

i hope they catch these kids soon...

This guy's gonna have a GREAT time in prison

"Kwam, please be gentle..."

I wonder what the family attorney's "negotiated" exactly?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I wonder what the family attorney's "negotiated" exactly?

I was just gonna post that! Remember the Chapelle sketch where the drug dealer and the corporate crook have their roles reversed? It sounds like that sorta deal.

• Sabadababa is a provocateur, to be sure, but I don't think he's raised the general level of annoyance to code red or anything.

I think provocateur is far too sophisticated a word for what he does here.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

Retarded on so many levels.

If I was a parent I'd probably just toss him on a raft and ship him over to Cuba. Better luck that way, I would say.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Sabadababa is a provocateur, to be sure, but I don't think he's raised the general level of annoyance to code red or anything.

I think provocateur is far too sophisticated a word for what he does here.

I missed a stupid sabadabadamuppet post? Must have blinked or something. Damn, and I've still got a gaggle of record titles to send his way, the cunt.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

If I was a parent I'd probably just toss him on a raft and ship him over to Cuba. Better luck that way, I would say.

As soon I this was on the news, the 1st thing I told my wife was "I bet some white kids from davie or plantation did this".

I hope dudes go to jail and become somebody' s bitch!

• RezRez 164 Posts

As soon I this was on the news, the 1st thing I told my wife was "I bet some white kids from davie or plantation did this".

I hope dudes go to jail and become somebody' s bitch!