"FISHSCALE" TRACKLIST

2»

Comments

• A special treat for you all..

Ghostface ft Raekwon & The Notorious Big - 3 Bricks

http://rapidshare.de/files/10941579/Ghostface_ft_Raekwon___The_Notorious_Big_-_3_Bricks.mp3.html

This was supposed to be on Duets. But I guess Puff decided he wanted to stick to his original plan of having no good songs on the album.

I like it. Drums are soft though. Anyone remember drums being in rap songs??

Anyways..

I AM PROBABLY THE BIGGEST GHOSTFACE FAN ON HERE.....

and that shit does not look good at all. That song with Ne-yo or whatever is HORRIBLE. That's clearly a "DEF JAM TOLD ME TO MAKE THIS OR I'M FIRED" jam. A shame it's his first single.

I feel bad for ghost. He's arguably the most popular artist out right now that has NOTHING to do with that "Whistle Song/Laffy Taffy" type sound that's popular now. He is on a big label he needs to sell. But he doesn't make so called popular music. I have a feeling Def Jam is gonna call in their investment on this album and water him down.

p.s. WHERE IS RZA???????

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

are you really gonna consider a source that mentions laguna beach in a ghostface review a credible one?

(both sites mention it as a preliminary tracklisting. i would hope he gets some better song titles. and doesn't put the same song twice. but with the wu and ghost's history of tracklisting messes, i guess that isn't entirely impossible.)

i don't know if i'm comfortable with doom's fingerprints being all over this. i think he's a great producer, but i'm still not so sure if that's the best style of beats for ghost.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    A special treat for you all..

http://rapidshare.de/files/10941579/Ghostface_ft_Raekwon___The_Notorious_Big_-_3_Bricks.mp3.html

Maaaaan... I give up, man. If Ghost is making songs with this kinda sound now I guess it's time to officially retire this "real schitt" shit. I should've guessed this was coming when I saw him dancing in that Jeezy video. Well, I hope the kids like this and will buy the album, at least (I have my doubts about that, though). Ghost deserves to have a smash hit album before he's forced into retirement.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    i don't know if i'm comfortable with doom's fingerprints being all over this. i think he's a great producer, but i'm still not so sure if that's the best style of beats for ghost.

I always thought that Operation: Doomsday was very Wu influenced - and if he gives Ghost that sound he cant lose. Then again, who knows...i'm starting to think that Def Jam could screw this up more than Epic did to Bulletproof wallets.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Ghost deserves to have a smash hit album before he's forced into retirement.

• A special treat for you all..

Maaaaan... I give up, man. If Ghost is making songs with this kinda sound now I guess it's time to officially retire this "real schitt" shit. I should've guessed this was coming when I saw him dancing in that Jeezy video. Well, I hope the kids like this and will buy the album, at least (I have my doubts about that, though). Ghost deserves to have a smash hit album before he's forced into retirement.

Well Puffy really did that. Nothing Ghost went out of his way to make. Puff didn't use it so he grabbed it that's all.

Listen to that song with Ne-Yo. Then you can rant. That is a bad song. It's so influenced by Def Jam it's kind of pitiful.

I can't hate on Ghost though. He needs to feed his family. He's tried harder then any rapper in my opinion to keep hip hop alive. Unfortunately there's no place for hip hop in rap today.

• Despite these two tracks - I'm pretty optimistic about it. it'll be interesting to hear him over a dilla beat, Kilos is and Be Easy is a solid track.

Let's hope RZA is on one of those uncredited tracks.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Kilos is

Kilos is

Kilos is

Kilos is

Kilos is

Kilos is

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Despite these two tracks - I'm pretty optimistic about it. it'll be interesting to hear him over a dilla beat, Kilos is and Be Easy is a solid track.

Let's hope RZA is on one of those uncredited tracks.

I think that Dilla track is "One For Ghost" off of Donuts, with the soul vocal sample sayin, "She used to whip me with a strap, when I was baaaad," which sounds NOTHING like a typical Dilla track and EXACTLY like a Cuban Linx era Rza track, which in this case means that shit is gonna be some fiyah.

• are you really gonna consider a source that mentions laguna beach in a ghostface review a credible one?

People that do the reviews on that site don't know the difference between their ass and elbow. Pitchforkmedia = garbage.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    A special treat for you all..

Could someone repost?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    That new single is truly horrible. Still it wouldn't be a Ghostface album without the fluctuations in quality.

I'm just going to keep on listening to kilos and keeping my fingers crossed until the album drops.

• People that do the reviews on that site don't know the difference between their ass and elbow. Pitchforkmedia = garbage.
    I couldn't agree more.