soul/funk/jazz re-edits

nutriciousnutricious 118 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
so, i was walking down the streets of brooklyn yesterday, humming the dorando joint like i have been doing the last couple of weeks and suddenly my head adds a beat to it, more specifically the rene costy break... in the evening i sat down and made it happen. it still needs some finetuning, but i kinda like it:

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2QRC1ZXTEWK4B32RDN8Y5BZ9UM

post your own edit/remix/whatever!

Comments

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    This is very nice! Simple, yet effective. Just enough to add a little flare to the track, any more might take away from the beauty of it.

I've got a bunch of re-edits and live blends. I'll post some good ones later. Word,

DJ Ferrari

• This is very nice! Simple, yet effective. Just enough to add a little flare to the track, any more might take away from the beauty of it.

I've got a bunch of re-edits and live blends. I'll post some good ones later. Word,

DJ Ferrari

thanks man, appreciate it. since the og is so good on its own, it only needed a little extra rhythm. now if only i had serato and a dj gig over here

other edits i like: al green "love and happiness" and the american gypsy one...

peace!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    That's hot.

• it still needs some finetuning, but i kinda like it:

that doesn't need any fine tuning it's a bomb as it is. you kept it simple and you kept the feeling five***** from me.

• very nice.on my second listen.

bumpage

• here is a re-mix-edit-reprizle. patti jo style.

http://s62.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3T93GK0DW7RW70ZBPVNVQQ3MHO

same kind of thing.it was in my head and then it was on.

• thanks for the feedback! the patti jo joint is dope too, got it on repeat...

• as for the dorando joint imo....loose the drum loop, shit falls off when it all kicks in...trainwreck.

patti jo, uhhh the og drums in this song are what makes the shit so hard...why bother putting drums that hit nowhere near as hard as the original ??

drums please

• as for the dorando joint imo....loose the drum loop, shit falls off when it all kicks in...trainwreck.

patti jo, uhhh the og drums in this song are what makes the shit so hard...why bother putting drums that hit nowhere near as hard as the original ??

drums please

fair enough,
    it is a re:mix-edit-reprizzle type thing. so its supposed to be a little different.
    i agree the og drums are .wanted to give it a different vibe thats all.

thanks for the peepage and feedback.

• look at mr A&R superstar over here!! 'get back to me with some drums son'

yo man did you ever listen to the revamped cindyrodriguez re-edit i sent you??

i know, that's one of the things i ment by the "finetuning" still needed to be made, working on it right now...

peace!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

as for the dorando joint imo....loose the drum loop, shit falls off when it all kicks in...trainwreck.

i know, that's one of the things i ment by the "finetuning" still needed to be made, working on it right now...

peace!

Honestly: I just don't think the edit addds anything to the song. It might be possible to completely remix this and give it a new look but just adding a break underneath it, to me, is a distraction from what makes the song so sublime to begin with.

• Honestly: I just don't think the edit addds anything to the song. It might be possible to completely remix this and give it a new look but just adding a break underneath it, to me, is a distraction from what makes the song so sublime to begin with.

I agree. The time-stretching and the loop at 00:46 brings the song down for me. Also, the strings doesn't come through as they do in the original.But I can see that you have some good ideas.. why not edit a song that has a really wack bridge or something like that? 'Didn't I' is just a great song all the way through

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    why not edit a song that has a really wack bridge or something like that? 'Didn't I' is just a great song all the way through

On target.

• Nutricious, what can i say...great job!

Ive downloaded it ,sent it to my friends & next time i play im taking it with me!

• why not edit a song that has a really wack bridge or something like that? 'Didn't I' is just a great song all the way through

On target.

"didn't i" doesn't need an edit, i totally agree with both of you there. and technically, it's really less an "edit" (as in cutting/rearranging) than it is a "blend", i guess. but terminology aside, i'd really like to hear this song in clubs and the timestretching and breakbeat make this a lot more likely to happen (+ some changes will still be made).

anyway, thanks for the feedback (also, cheers to magicdog)!