Ok - here's everything I'm trading now-hit me...

RezRez 164 Posts
edited January 2006 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
PM trade offers or email me direct - ok...M RezLPsPenny Goodwin 'Portrait Of A Gemini' (Sidney) USA - 1974 ( Red label, 1st pressing, heavier wax and superior pressing issue - GUARANTEED! This copy came from one of the label owner's family and the wax is M-...the slv has a 1" seam split and a tiny sticker mark top right but nothing horrendous - most would just grade it as M- and charge ??500 anyway, but not me. Obviously 'Too Soon You're Old' is massive BUT - 'What's Going On' is now also getting massive spins in Japan from (big) collector / DJ Yusuke Ogawa and demand is going thru the roof again...first copy here in years and years...WOW!! We also get a wicked version of Gil Scott-Heron's 'Lady Day & John Coltrane' - completely banging it! )Os Poligonais 'Novas Ideias' (Farrpopilha) Brz - 1960s ( Old classic 'Tristeza' , 'Samba De Verao' , 'Corcovado' - nice copy.. )Milton Nascimento 'Milton' (EMI/gatefold) Brz - 1976 ( 'Cravo E Canala' - still a classic... )O Quarteto 'Antologia Da Bossa Nova' (Philips) Brz - 1970s ( 'Corcovado' , 'Primavera' , 'Samba De Verao'... )Illiad 'Distances' (NLR) USA - 1970s ( Mad Beatles cover 'Norweigan Wood' - far out... )Original Tropicana Steel Band 'Hot Steel' (Polydor) UK - 1976 ( Their other good LP with their first-class (and indemand!) version of The Fatback Band's 'Spanish Hustle' track - phat... )Cincinnatti Joe 'Mad Lydia' (River Witch/gatefold) USA - 1971 ( Rare indie LP - 'Being Yourself' , 'Officer John' , 'Plastic Rose' etc etc.... rare... )Remus 5 'Remus 5' (Parlophone/gatefold) Brz - 1973 ( Not had/seen one of these in ages and ages...so rare!! 'Juan Sebastian Blues' is a KILLER version of the Lalo Schifrin cut - fusion magic... )Morris Wilson 'Fantasy Island' (Mowil) USA - 1970s ( 'Night Breeze' is a wikkid version of the Bobby Lyle track...rare LP still in it's shrinkwrap.. )Palo Mauro 'Blazing Brilliance From Brazil' (Equipe) Brz - 1960s ( USA issue of Mauro's 'other' LP with 'Bitucada' , 'Bonita' etc etc - way too cheap... )Kalyanji Anandji 'Muqaddar Ka Sikandar' (HMV/gatefold) India - 1978 ( Beautiful copy of this - there's a track here called 'Pyar Zindagi Hai' which really is incredibly good - as good as anything on Ananda Shankar's 'Streets Of Calcutta' LP - big and bold funky instrumental with moog and bass and brass and darting strings - absolutely fantastic - really recommended!! )Wild Fire 'Check It' (Charlies) Trinidad - 1976 ( Rare Islands LP with a bad boy Funk track called 'Check It Out' - heavily rare...M- / M- shape.. )Prince Muhammed G. Nooks 'No One Remember Africa' (Unity House Music) USA - 1970s ( RARE AMERICAN ROOTS LP!! - Boy - this one looks obscure - everyone I've asked about this has no idea what it is at all - 'Moses, Moses' , 'No One Remember Africa' , 'My Brethren' etc etc - completely home made, indie production.. )Ed Lincoln 'Ed Lincoln' (Musidisc) Brz - 1960s ( 'Cochise' still sounds SO fresh....! Was ??75 for ages and ages...came in cheap so can now go out cheap... )Various Artists 'Hit Me With Music' (Trojan) UK - 1970s ( Wonderful Trojan comp - UK only with Bob Marley's rare 'Soul Shakedown Party' and Matumbi's Kool & The Gang cover 'Reggae Stuff' + we also get KC White doing 'First Cut Is The Deepest' and Cornell Campbell doing Nina Simone's 'My Baby Just Cares For Me' - lovely comp... )Jackie Mittoo & The Soul Vendors 'Evening Time' (Studio 1) JA - 1960s ( Looks/feels like a 70s pressing so nice cheap price - 'Hip Hug' , 'One Step Beyond' , 'Napoleon Solo' - loadsa trax - excellent Jackie LP... )The Magnetic Sounds 'The Magnetic Sounds' (News) Brz - 1970 ( Lovely copy with 'Flash' , 'Super Erotica' etc etc - still indemand after all this time too.... )Breno Sauer Quarteto '4 Na Bossa' (Musidisc) Brz - 1960s ( So rare on OG! Beautiful copy too -as reissued by those clever people @ Whatmusic a whileback... )Jackie Mittoo 'Keep On Dancing' (Coxsone) JA - 1960s ( Very early JA pressing of this - stone cold magnifico...'This Scorcher' etc etc..The Keyboard King'... )The Mustangs 'The Wonderful Side Of The Mustangs' (GBI) Bahamas - 1975 ( Nice Frank Penn-produced LP with 2 funky trax - 'Ya Mar' and 'Shame And Scandal' etc etc - giveaway price... )Various Artists 'Better Dub' (Studio One) USA - 1980s ( Original USA issue (red/yellow label) for this hard LP with 'Greedy G' and so much more - no sleeve cos that's how this original issue came out - the later black/white label copies had a Studio One custom bag..ace LP... )Lloyd Charmers 'In Session' (Trojan) UK - 1970s ( Rare,UK - only LP with 'Look Ka-Py Py' - The Hippy Boys (The Meters cover), 'Color Him Father' - Lloyd Charmers (The Winstons cover) 'I Can't Get Next To You' - Lloyd Charmers (The Temptations cover) - all Reggae/Funk killers... )MIXED 12"sRoland Louis 'Percussions Rhythme' / 'The Frog' (Gerardisques) Guadaloupe - 1978 ( Absolutely mad Brazilian/Electrobeat 12" from the French African islands - totally essential for any forward-looking Dance producers out there...like nothing you've ever heard before and deffo something you need to hear... )Ahzz 'New York's Movin' (Land Of Hits) USA - 1970s ( Absolutely KILLER Patrick Adams & Peter Brown Disco production - one of THE best/rarest on these family of labels...stone minter!! )Jesse Gould 'Out Of Work' (P&P) USA - 1978 ( ever-indemand Patrick Adams and Peter Brown piece - so soulful and beautifully produced - wicked little instrumental / dub version on the flip too - just good - knoworrimean? )Horace Andy & Tapper Zukie 'Natty Drea A Weh She Want' (Stars) JA - 1970s ( Hard, hard, HARD 12" OG JA pressing for this exquisite track - whattavoice Horace Andy has! )MIXED 45sSamson & Delilah 'Woman' (ABC) USA - 1960s ( CHOON... )Billy Wade 'I Can't Help It Baby' (ABC) USA - 1960s ( I recently read (somewhere?) that this was the 'epitome of Deep Funk' - I won't argue with that at all - slamming funk.. )Chocolate Chips 'As You Think So Shall You Act' (Balance) USA - 1970s ( Tuff 45 on same label as Harold Andrews 'Chitlin Circuit' biggie - quality funk... )Laurel Aitken 'Price' (Chappy) JA - 1970s ( Hard, Reggae/Funk Crossover track - same label as the massively indemandBumps Jackson track - this one is deffo rarer - and equally as good... )The Natural Resources Unpolluted 'Funky With My Stuff' (Dore) ( Hard release on this excellent old label... )Tiny Powell 'Bossy Woman' (Early Bird) USA - 1960s ( Same label as
Pat Hunt's (raer!) Sister Funk classic - this one's a hard and raw and dirty/sleazy Blues Funk 45 - very, very difficult to turn up - M- copy... )Funk Connection 'Funky Soule In Abaco' (Funk Connection)Bahamas - 1970s ( Absolutely AMAZING slice of Caribbean Islands funk - so hard and so ruff!Gotta be completely rare and obscure? )The Swan Silvertones 'You Pray On' (Hob Is Gospel) USA - 1972 ( Killer Gospel Funk cover version of Isaaac Hayes 'Do Your Thing' - completely uunplayed copy!! )Afro Funk 'Obanya Special' (Kabana) Nigeria - 1975 ( Fat and funky Afro Funk instrumental from...Afro Funk...M- and rare as hen's teeth...little known 7" release from the ??250++ rated LP...!! )The Concepts 'Got To Be A Change' / 'Introduction' (Kustom) USA - 1970s ( Massive rare DEEP FUNK 45 that everybody seems to want again at the moment - with that West Indies / Caribbean feel that is SO big right now - charted a while back by Philip Lehman and in anutha recent Top 10 here in the UK too - this is actually a VERY rare 45... )We The People 'Making My Daydream Real' (Lion) USA - 1973 ( M- copy of this Modern Soul anthem - get on the floor...!! I also have another copy with a few surface marks on... )The Blue Rhythm Combo 'Take This Funky Feeling' / 'Knock On Wood' (Merry Disc) Barbados - 1970s ( Excellent Islands funker... )Joe Lee 'Bottom Of The Bag' (Papa Joe's) USA - 1960s ( Nice Deep Funk 45 - was ??200 not too long back... )Jo Ann King 'Hey Lancelot' (Phil-La) USA - 1960s ( Beautiful DJ copy of this spectacularly good 'Sister Funk' side )Stovall Sisters 'Hang On In There' (Reprise) USA - 1974 ( 100% M- WDJ copy of this absolute KILLER Sister Funk 45...promo-only issue on this and ya won't believe the condition this is in when ya see it.. )Saturday 'Changes Pts 1 & 2' (Ru-Jac) USA - 1960s ( Awesome slice of Psyche Funk that wouuld've sounded SO great on the Chains & Black Exhaust comp from earlier in the year - please put this one on Vol 2 folks!! PossiblyTHE rarest release on the label and almost literally IMPOSSIBLE to turn up - stone minter...be brave! )Timothy McNealy 'KC Stomp' (Shawn) USA - 1970s ( Ultra-rare Texas Funk killa!! Same artist / label as the enormously good / indemand 'Sagittariuus Black' 45 - this one's in the excat same 'stoner funk' category and is just as good - and possibly evern rarer - 100% bonafide OG copy and this one looks unplayed, kidz... ! )Chocolate Snow 'A Day In The Life' (Solo) USA - 1960s ( Mega-rare and indemand Northern Soul which was recently (this week!) on Anglo's auction List @ ??500 min.bid!! )Byron Lee & The Dragonaires 'The Record (Baby I Love You So)'(Soul) JA - 1960s ( Sublime Reggae / NS crossover stuff done JAs-yle - ??100 elsewhere recently... )Al Trahan 'I Can Feel It' (Spindletop) USA - 1976 ( M- copy - marvellous Disco/Funk... )Geraldo Pino 'Shake Hands' / 'Power To The People' (Suzumi) Kenya - 1970s ( Massive Afro-Funk double-sider...proper record!! From his mega-rare / ace Nigerian 'Let's Have A Party' LP - this 45 was ONLY released in Kenya...grab this... )The Challengers 'Let's Swim' (Thula) UK - 1975 ( RARE ONE!! Massive Drumbeat and Bas intro on this which kicks into a great 70s Funk inst - unplayed copy!! )Susan King 'I Got A Good Thing' (Toy) USA - 1960s ( Ridiculously funky femme funk version of the James Brown smash )

Comments