Soulstrut 5-star albums ** 2006 revision

2»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Soundbombing II

co-scion

and for the record It was Wholewheat that suggest Stairsteps "2nd Ressurection" was a 5 star LP, but I second it

There are at least two Stairsteps records I'd rate higher than that

Well, what do you know?

You would probably deny that Something to Believe In is Curtis's best album!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

You would probably deny that Something to Believe In is Curtis's best album!

2nd best, that album he did with Linda Clifford in '79 is GOAT status

• Soundbombing II

co-scion

and for the record It was Wholewheat that suggest Stairsteps "2nd Ressurection" was a 5 star LP, but I second it

There are at least two Stairsteps records I'd rate higher than that

really? speak on it

I like 2nd ressurection cause its got a solid vibe all the way through, not one that you really need to skip tracks on. Grown and sexy all the way.

#1: S/T on Windy City, impeccable group soul

#2: Our Family Portrait

I mean, I would rate all of their buddah output higher just because that's more of the sound I'm into.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

respectfully disagree.....

Anyone else prefer "Tago Mago" to "Ege Bamyasi"??? Shit, I listen to "Future Days" more than any of 'em...more sleepy-time music I guess.

Yeah I prefer Tago Mago as well... I still don't have Future Days

I prefer Future Days, but Ege Bamyasi is better then tago.

- spidey

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• I regret uploading that. You pissed in the punch dude.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i think i own maybe only about 10-15 of the records listed in the intial list

• Soundbombing II

co-scion

Yes, but that original thread was not about a "Top 100", it was just about albums that were generally thought of favorably by folks on here.
    Honestly, while multiple (5) Stairsteps albums could be worthy of a 5 star rating, I doubt any of them would make the cut in an all out Top 100.

• im going with the stairsteps stuff on windy-c. but thats neither here nor there.

i think this list is severely lacking in some rap. but more importantly, some jodeci. forever my lady is/was/shall be on the 5star shit list. i mean, i even had the cassingles with slightly different mixes on them. so hot. oh, and ne heartbreak, man that was my shit. the album that launched 1000 albums. they were like the gettin pussy version of wutang clan back in the day. dont lie, some of youz peeled one back to a lisa bonet headshot whilst spinning my, my, my. i was more of a vanessa girl myself.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Alright, I'm down for some record/soulstrut/stats/nerdery. Step 1, Submissions. PM me with your list of up to 100 albums by the time I post my weekend finds on Sunday (Saturday for you types that are a day behind NZ). One list only per person & lets sort this proper like for '06. PS. How many PMs can the PM box handle? PPS. Post me your lists batches...or you're soft.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Alright, I'm down for some record/soulstrut/stats/nerdery. Step 1, Submissions. PM me with your list of up to 100 albums by the time I post my weekend finds on Sunday (Saturday for you types that are a day behind NZ). One list only per person & lets sort this proper like for '06. PS. How many PMs can the PM box handle? PPS. Post me your lists batches...or you're soft.

I don't think you realize how hairy this can get. I mean if only 10 people PM you your looking at a possibility of 1000 albums to layout for voting.

BTW My PM box has got up into the high 900's before I started deleting them

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

I don't think you realize how hairy this can get. I mean if only 10 people PM you your looking at a possibility of 1000 albums to layout for voting.

BTW My PM box has got up into the high 900's before I started deleting them
    Ahhh, no one will be bothered PMing 100 albums.....will they??

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

i think this list is severely lacking in some rap. but more importantly, some jodeci.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    adding my submissions (5-stars and some of my favorites):

Oneness of Juju- African Rhythms
    Lonnie Liston Smith- Expansions
    Alice Coltrane- Journey in Satchidnanda
    Nite liters- Analysis
    Parliament- Up for the Down Stroke
    Cal Tjader- Tjader

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

there was an lp for this right ??

All of these are perfect albums................ maybe 5 or 6 more i forgot

not necessarily my personal favorites but perfect albums

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    that list you folks put together is a piece of shit.....

its not honest ....its snobbish and there aren't ANY corny albums on it...

you bitches dont like Prince ?!?!?!

i thought all white people liked the Rolling Stones

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    Do you know some guy named James Brown ?

• Heart Of The Congos belongs in everyone's list.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

i thought all white people liked the Rolling Stones

Clearly the Stones (or heaven forbid the Beatles, an act covered by practically every Soul artist and most Jazz artists too) are too corny to be 5 Star LPs, Ed.