Options

Whatever day in the week it is finds

2»

Comments

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    Damn u dudes with the digi cameras. Heres my boring plain text mid week digs

Dub:
    Donovan Joseph - Sounds of Many Colours (Freedom Sounds)
    Edi Fitzroy - Check for you Once (two copies if someone wants to trade holla)
    Prince Allah - Only Love Can Conquer (Freedom Sound) two copies
    Prince Allah - Sun is Shining 12" (freedom sounds) two copies
    Devon Russell with the High Times players - Home Bound Train (Freedom Sounds) two copies
    High Priest - Make up your mind (Freedom sounds) two copies
    Red Rose & Spragga Benz - Reminiscing

Other ish

Nina Simone - See line Woman (Masters at Work remix) : I had to cop this. This track makes me feel fuzzy. Cant wait to play it out.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

How is that Flow LP? I've onyl seen it once and it had a $50 price tag attached to it

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    It's good (CTI 1003, 1969!). Several strong jazz-rock tracks with psychedelic influences and excellent percussion.

• Im not usually one to contribute to weekly finds, but my serge lp finally turned up from good ol' france. what an album eh!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    yeah, that Gillespie is a tough one, really good, too!!

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    In San Diego with the girlfriend and found another funky Navy LP called "Wind and Song" by the United States Naval Academy Band and Glee Club. Most of the double LP is pretty forgetable but it does have a great version of "Kool and the Gang" and a nice break laden cover of "Grazin' in the Grass." Found some wacky Filipino LP's from the mid-70's as well. Otherwise the thirft store LP's in Chula Vista look just like the thrift store LP's in NE DC.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    yeah, that Gillespie is a tough one, really good, too!!

Same LP as "Souled Out". Which is a bit easier to find in my experience.

Paycheck, just got done listenin to the mix. face melting, blood shitting material FOR SURE!

• nosawanosawa 89 Posts

12" EP from Hugh Masekela on Casablanca with 'Mama' & 'A Person is a Sometime Thing'

How is this? Are any of the versions different than on the LP?

EP's but don't have the LP to compare. 'Boys doin' it' 5.57, 'Mama' 5.11, 'Excuse Me Please' 6.32 and 'A Person is a Sometime Thing' at 7.46.

1975 promo 12...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    holler if you're gonna be in SD this weekend, Neville

-M

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    all from yesterday

the one with the yellow is a private press church LP from chicago with one really interesting funky track done by some dude named Tom Belt.

Jesus loves you Tom

whats the deal with the Change LP?

ive been seeing that alot lately.

got a package in the mail today from guzzo containing

Creative Arts Ensemble-One Step Out
    Horace Tapscott-The Call

• REMODEREMODE 91 Posts
    Hopeton Lewis-Grooving out on Life ( got a nice funky nassau cover called funky kingston) David Axelrod-Songs of Innocence Jimmy McGriff-Red Beans Isis-Self Titled Earl Van Dyke-The Earl Of Funk Foxy Brown-Ost ( finally) Cecil Holmes-Music For Soulful Lovers Life Force-Self Titled on Strawberry label from 76 or 77(kinda funky but has a little disco type sound too) Maneige-Libre service (Canadian breaks) Patsy Gallant-Will You Give Me Your Love(more canadian breaks)
    Geoff Love and His Orchestra-Big Terror Movie Themes (this is real nice)and about 20 other records I don't feel like writing down titles of ( mostly foreign stuff off trades) oh yeah and earlier this week found another Loading Zone LP....

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    all from yesterday

whats the deal with the Change LP?

ive been seeing that alot lately.

One that I also alwatys see but never picked it up because I thought I had it alredy (all their LP covers look alike. Great modern soul title track sung by Luther Vandross

The Glow Of Love