Honeymoon Strut

2»

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Congrats man...

Lets see...

The last time I was in Paris, I had flown to London to suprise my gurl who was working there. It was Easter weekend and I took her to Paris for 3 days (She didn't have an idea of where we were going til we jumped on the Eurostar). IMO 3 days was kinda rushed. I think for a honeymoon, if ur going to Paris, I would chill and just stay there. Doing the 3 dayz here and 3 dayz there thing is really only good if ur doing a backpacking thing. Once you've flown for 8+ hours, the last thing you wanna do is jump on a train with ur bags and rush another city. And believe me, there's enough to do in Paris for the time u'll be there.

While I've been around Europe, I found the best time I've had was starting in London and travelled up through Scotland. I had a blast... But with ur gurl, she would probably love Paris or Rome. The one thing I'll say about Paris is tho, it's gotten pretty dirty over the last 5-10 years. And being American, u might get a bit of rudeness thrown at you. Everytime I've been there I've gotten it and I'm Canadian who can understand French. But it's all good! Hope you have a blast.

Just a quick thing. If you goto London... Was ur gurl ever a Girl Guide/Scout?

If so... PM me.. I can point you towards some savings for nice accomodations.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

Another city I recommend is Amsterdam. I've just come back from there and its awesome. Loads of awesome museums, good bars and really pretty. You should be able to train there from Paris. The Jordaan area is the best place to stay, Anywhere in the Red Light area gets the .

the red light district is so stupid, very fanny pack heavy. i stayed near vondelpark and that was very nice, right next to the rijks museum which is one of the most gorgeous buildings i've seen:

i can definitely see amsterdam's potential for a romantic getaway. y'all can go out to the countryside windmills and have a picnic or something.

i've never been to paris, but i will definitely vouch for barcelona as a fully sexy and grown and romantic place to visit.

congratulations, btw!

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Big big thanks to all the strutters who replied - the response was way more than i expected. Will keep you guys/gals posted on where we end up going. I'm gonna recommend staying most of the time in Paris and trying to visit other cities/towns nearby (but all within France). I think it fits all the elements we're shooting for: romantic, lots to do, shopping, romantic, great food, romantic, great hotels, museums and romantic!

Werd is Word... Thanks for coming thru Soul Strut......