Steppers Mix Tapes?

2»

Comments

• I need an mp3 of that 9th Creation joint...so good...

Thought i had one one the computer but no siree

The good thing with 2steppy songs is that they can be found on oh-so many 70s and 80s lps/45s and don't have to be that expensive.. of course 9th creation is but most of my fave 2step songs are just fantastic album tracks of cheap lp or such.

/L

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    main ingredient "work to do"

at least I think it's a steppers crassic....

• Webster Lewis "The Love You Give To Me"??

I always play that with Step shit especially with some Randy Brown "Do It Baby".

Thats my fucking JAM!! (btw..)

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    On the real I was shocked to hear big homie tell me with a straight face that he played a "deep" New Kids on the Block joint at his last dance and murdered the dancefloor!

what song was that?

i mean...um...for research...

off their 1994 album. there's also a nice stepper on a george michael LP, it's duet with aretha.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    whats the Loggins & Messina steppers' cut??

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    james said:
    (You also have to have a long-ass 6-button suit jacket,
    among many other things)

Word. I myself am just two or three reasonable payments away from a Pepto-colored zoot with the applejack to match. The finisher would be the set of nugget cufflinks that read "RICE" and "BEANS," but that's for next pay period. To the young: Jerseys are for ball players and assholes--so, you got a game today?

now, now, now --see u got to understand stepping is not just a dance,
    it's a it's a culture--it its the way we live
    --it's what we eat, think and breathe
    you understand me--[/b]

Double word. Steppers' music never ceases to amaze me with its true omnivorousness. To paraphrase DJ Yofuckthatdude, steppers' is not a type of music, but is what you do with the music you hear. And as long as the sound is right, folks do not give a fuck. Which I guess is true of any good crowd, but still--it's beautiful.

What do you even treally know of stepping, outside of stepping in(to) the Marina?

Soff Hogg, you need to not test this man right chere. Despite his Rock N' Roll Garanimal exterior, there beats within him the heart of an Isley. While you're out there tryna scare up seed money for your line of ital swine-based products ("JahBacon," homie? For real? Dude, I don't even know what kind of look that is), The Terruh is crinkling linen all over town. Dude's Whispers crates alone would sink your battleship. I mean, where's your mandarin collar? Ai-ight then.

james said:
    what song was that?

I'll check with my man Sam, but my guess would be the long version of "Never Let You Go."

EMBARASSINGLY INTIMATE KNOWLEDGE OF NKOTB DISCOGRAPHY REVEALED!

YOU HAVE A STOMACH TATTOO THAT SAYS "WENDY." FALL BACK.

2 James classics!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    where the hell is young phonics?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    jaymack said:
    where the hell is young phonics?

On a yacht!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Boogie and Modern Soul have timelines.

Steppin steez doesnt.

When was the last time you ate dinner at a black persons home?

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    batmon said:
    Boogie and Modern Soul have timelines.

Steppin steez doesnt.
    So true. Stepping: Ancient To The Future.

I've said this before in stepping threads other than this one, but steppers' collectors are one of the few groups of record nerds whose sheer omnivourousness approaches that of breaks collectors. Within the right (very broad) parameters, dudes will buy anything.

And they're similarly dogged in their pursuit, too. In a record store here a couple years back, I had what I felt was an unnecessarily pointed discussion with a fiftysomething huxtable who was grilling me about the likelihood of there being vinyl for Danny Wilson's(!) second(!!) album--"the one with the stepper on it"(!!!); dude clearly felt that I had, like, inside information or something (Is It Because I'm White?), which kept flashing me back to being in a spot in Savannah many years prior with this nineteen-year-old mean-mugger in a "BIG L R.I.P." shirt pressing up and asking me if I "knew about" some Pieces Of A Dream record. The parallels were striking.

Anyway, earlier today I played Tower Of Power's "You Ought To Be Having Fun" pitched down a little, and man, that shit was kind of a cut. I almost went and put some shoes on.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I dont know any Steppers DJ but i envy the idea of having to use most anything to choose from in getting a party started. Its a liberating way to dig.

• bull_ox said:
    whats the Loggins & Messina steppers' cut??