The Strut will never be the same again

asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
"Last Thursday, President Bush signed into law a prohibition on posting annoying Web messages or sending annoying e-mail messages without disclosing your true identity.

In other words, it's OK to flame someone on a mailing list or in a blog as long as you do it under your real name. Thank Congress for small favors, I guess."

ARTICLE HERE

Comments

• i have legally changed my name to the3rdstream so iam good

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    "Last Thursday, President Bush signed into law a prohibition on posting annoying Web messages or sending annoying e-mail messages without disclosing your true identity. [/b]

No problem....just tell us your real name.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Is this the end of THE ALIAS????

Mel_Gibson please to report for duty.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'm Adam

Fuck all of you

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Mrs. Stank is going to be pissed.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    whats the rule on annoying presidents?

"Last Thursday, President Bush signed into law a prohibition on posting annoying Web messages or sending annoying e-mail messages without disclosing your true identity. [/b]

Are you speaking to me?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Are you speaking to me?

Lawsuit.

• hcrunkhcrunk 116 Posts
    Hi, my name is Matthew.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Hi, my name is Matthew.

ARREST HIM!

Are you speaking to me?

Lawsuit.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    "Last Thursday, President Bush signed into law a prohibition on committing crime without disclosing your true identity."

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    "Last Thursday, President Bush signed into law a prohibition on committing crime without disclosing your true identity."

"Please to comply with the new law so we may prosecute more fully and efficiently. No aliases online. Thank You."

• "post your real name or your soft"

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Our esteemed politicians can't seem to grasp this simple point, but the First Amendment protects our right to write something that annoys someone else.

Hey George W. Bush!

(Sincerely, Ian)

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Our esteemed politicians can't seem to grasp this simple point, but the First Amendment protects our right to write something that annoys someone else.

Hey George W. Bush!

(Sincerely, Bapt)

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    "Last Thursday, President Bush signed into law a prohibition on posting annoying Web messages or sending annoying e-mail messages without disclosing your true identity.

In other words, it's OK to flame someone on a mailing list or in a blog as long as you do it under your real name. Thank Congress for small favors, I guess."

ARTICLE HERE

wait, has anyone really looked into this? i've read tons of speculation on it but i can't make much sense of it. On paper it seems to be extending the already-existing "Cyberstalking" laws to include VoIP. it sounds ok to me, but then my spider-sense starts to tingle. the situation hardly seems as dire as the news.com story suggests, but then again, why is the language so poorly worded? so they can change/interpret it differently later on?

Odub, DrWu, Motown67, i'm looking in your direction.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Watashi Wa Bevan Desu