Calling all Mac Whizzes: Help with Itunes

ryanryan 334 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
any assistance on how to convert tracks, which i've already burned from vinyl into itunes, into mp3s would be appreciated. thanks.

Comments

• go to itunes pull down menu, go to preferences...
    go to advanced tab, and set import to "mp3 encoder"

then either re-import or select tracks and then go to advanced tab and hit "convert
    to Mp3"

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    barbabatch

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    go to itunes pull down menu, go to preferences...
    go to advanced tab, and set import to "mp3 encoder"

then either re-import or select tracks and then go to advanced tab and hit "convert
    to Mp3"

i tried that. after i converted the track, i dragged said track to my desktop but it was still in "m4a" format. what am i missing?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    barbabatch

use this

• kojackkojack 42 Posts
    Once you've got a track in iTunes as .aac (or .m4a), it won't let you convert it to Mp3. Depending on what format you did your initial recording in, you can either go back to your source files (.aiff or something) and reimport, or you can always just burn your .m4a tracks to an audio cd, and reimport as .mp3.

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    thanks guys.

• ElexElex 22 Posts
    also, if you option click on the file you want to convert a scroll down menu should appear and "Convert to MP3" should appear. Could be wrong. If it doesn't work try "Apple" and click on the file instead. If this doesn't work, at least you only wasted thirty seconds.