smallchangesmallchange 202 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Czeck it. $??

Comments

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    [cheerlead]the uncomfortable pauses are the best part[/cheerlead]

lol

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Could someone post a transcript, please? The links aren't working for me. Thanks.

• tepid

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Could someone post a transcript, please? The links aren't working for me. Thanks.

http://s36.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1T838ERXCMJJ93PLJ0DFKK9YJT

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    "(Have a) Safe flight back." And then the shit-eating grin.

Bee-you-tee-full. Thanks.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Wait a second!!!!??? So No democrats took abelmoff's money? Thats running pretty contrary to everything ive heard in the press thus far. Even C-span was pretty much saying it crossed partisan lines.

Who's lying? EVerybody?

• Wait a second!!!!??? So No democrats took abelmoff's money? Thats running pretty contrary to everything ive heard in the press thus far. Even C-span was pretty much saying it crossed partisan lines.

Who's lying? EVerybody?

Democrats took some money from Indian Tribes, that also were represented by Abelschoff. The main point, which the republicans want people to forget, is the its illegal to take money DIRECTLY from a lobbyist. All the folks involved with this scandal that took money directly, or got perks (golf trips), and thus broke the law, are Republicans. 100%. You're hearing this 'democrats took money too' all over the press because its the republican talking point of the day, repeated by Limbaugh, Hannity, etc. Remember, people don't have to check their facts...they just have to talk a good game.

$??

• Wait a second!!!!??? So No democrats took abelmoff's money? Thats running pretty contrary to everything ive heard in the press thus far. Even C-span was pretty much saying it crossed partisan lines.

Who's lying? EVerybody?

Democrats took some money from Indian Tribes, that also were represented by Abelschoff. The main point, which the republicans want people to forget, is the its illegal to take money DIRECTLY from a lobbyist. All the folks involved with this scandal that took money directly, or got perks (golf trips), and thus broke the law, are Republicans. 100%. You're hearing this 'democrats took money too' all over the press because its the republican talking point of the day, repeated by Limbaugh, Hannity, etc. Remember, people don't have to check their facts...they just have to talk a good game.[/b]

$??

Well said.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Wait a second!!!!??? So No democrats took abelmoff's money? Thats running pretty contrary to everything ive heard in the press thus far. Even C-span was pretty much saying it crossed partisan lines.

Who's lying? EVerybody?

Democrats took some money from Indian Tribes, that also were represented by Abelschoff. The main point, which the republicans want people to forget, is the its illegal to take money DIRECTLY from a lobbyist. All the folks involved with this scandal that took money directly, or got perks (golf trips), and thus broke the law, are Republicans. 100%. You're hearing this 'democrats took money too' all over the press because its the republican talking point of the day, repeated by Limbaugh, Hannity, etc. Remember, people don't have to check their facts...they just have to talk a good game.[/b]

$??

Well said.

[sabadabadaba]Yeah, that clip is going to get every dirty Republican out of office.Howard Dean is your savior.[/sabadababda][/b]

As for me, I enjoyed that clip. The RNC is anxious to make it look as though they are all scumbags, when in reality, this scandal is ALL THEIRS.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Who's got an over under on the number of congressman who get taken down in this thing? I saying 4.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Who's got an over under on the number of congressman who get taken down in this thing? I saying 4.

I just want to know who this Abram guy is and why everyone's so concerned with his sexual gratification...

Everytime I turn on the radio and TV that's all I hear... Jack Abram Off....jeeez...someone buy the guy a Hooker!!

On a more serious note....does "taken down" include jail time???

• Who's got an over under on the number of congressman who get taken down in this thing? I saying 4.

It's not the quantity of the take-downs, but the quality...

• Who's got an over under on the number of congressman who get taken down in this thing? I saying 4.

I just want to know who this Abram guy is and why everyone's so concerned with his sexual gratification...

Everytime I turn on the radio and TV that's all I hear... Jack Abram Off....jeeez...someone buy the guy a Hooker!!

There's always hope...

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

The sigh that Blintz gives at the end is classic. It's like "oh well, I tried but got ass clowned".

Jail Time. If they are convicted of felonies, they will almost certainly do some time but probably not a great deal of time.

For the sake of the bet let's say "thrown out of congress" which is way more gratifying then anyone getting blanket partied in the slammer.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Some Democrats did get money, but the vast majority were Republicans. That's due to 2 facts:

1) Republicans control both houses of Congress, so it gets you more clout to bribe them than the Dems who are currently out of power.

2) Part of Delay's plan when he becamse leader of the House was to merge the Republican party with the lobbyists. He told the lobbysts not only did they have to give money to the Republicans now that they were in power, but not to give to Democrats, AND they had to ONLY hire Republicans. It was that kind of merging of the lobbyists and politicians that led to such abuses.

Of course, all of this kind of thing has been going on for eons. This is just the latest scandal to hit the fan, sure to be followed by future ones.

I especially like how all the politicians who got money are now returning it as if that's somehow suppose to make up for taking it in the first place.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Some Democrats did get money

Who? And what kind of involvement did they have with Abramoff?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Don't know what they did for him but here's 2 Democrats who are returning money they received. Some of this money came from groups associated with Abramoff so they might not have been direct contributions.

Senator Maria Cantwell, D-Wash

Senator Mark Pryor, D-Ark

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Dean was gilding the lily when he said that no Dems received any money. Many did receive money from tribes that did business with Abramhoff. However, the illegal activity that is the center of ongoing investigation is confined to Republicans that had trips paid for by Abramahoff. Those is all Republicans. Burn baby burn.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    As far as the content of the clip, I think the Dems need an attack dog like Dean to stand up to the GOP blitzkrieg, so I'm happy with how that went.

However - it sure seemed to me like the only reason for the "tension" between Blitzer & Dean was the delay in their audio feeds, like you see all the time. Blitzer was just hearing Dean's comments a few seconds behind us, it wasn't like Dean had him all a-stunned & a-stupified. I vote "no take down."

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Yeah it sounds like playing technicalities here. Im pissed i cant get a straight answer from either side. Fuck em all I say. Lets just dump all the incumbants.

• Yeah it sounds like playing technicalities here. Im pissed i cant get a straight answer from either side. Fuck em all I say. Lets just dump all the incumbants.

I'm not saying the democrats are saints, but I can't cosign on this. The republikkkan mofos have run amuck, and have pulled so many shady maneuvers its hard to keep up. Not only that, the republican controlled congress has let the president have way too much power. Smirking chimp-boy admits to an impeachable offense with a shit eating grin, and what is he worried about? His goose step in line party has the majority, and as long as they have electronic voting machines with no records, who cares how people vote...its who counts them. And do you really expect corporate media to deliver hard hitting news? That's part of the reason I posted this Dean thing in the first place, because you don't see this all that often in mainstream press.

In terms of impeachment (according to the right), illegal spying, outing CIA agents and falsifying intelligence for unjust wars are nothing compared to a blowjob in the oval office from . These are some backward muthafuckers and this cuntry is in a dark place. Think about it. Defining people as 'enemy combatents' so you can suspend due process (check Kafka's 'The Trial') and fly them to Romania for 'questioning', i.e. torture. Spying on 80 year quakers. If the president is speaking somewhere, get rid of all the folks in the audience with 'questionable' t-shits/bumper stickers. Privatize everything. Suspend the Davis/Bacon act so they can shaft all the workers trying to rebuild Nahlins. Which was devastated in the first place cos these mofos screwed funding the levees and hiring some schmuck to head something as important as FEMA. And so on and so on. These people are freakzoids. And they need to report to the dancefloor and out of office.

$??