The Psychedelic Set Information (45 related)

randomaccessmikerandomaccessmike 97 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I picked up this 45 from a local antique shop a couple weeks ago, and was wondering if anyone has got some information about it. The group is called The Psychedelic Set and the label is London House Records of Newark NJ. The track is Keep Running Mississippi (pt 1 & 2). My copy is not in good shape, but the song itself is real nice (especially part 2, which is a bit harder / funkier). I haven't been able to turn anything up about it on the internet, and Funk45.com hasn't responded to my inquiry. I'd appreciate any info about this group, label, or particular 45.

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Well, the title is a line from a Funkadelic song...

• The track is credited to H Sparky. I wish I knew how to post the pic, but its nothing special, just a red generic looking 45. Its also a B Tate production, though I'm still lost about this record, and a little pissed that my copy isn't in better condition as I'm doubting I'll see another for anywhere near the same price.

• FYI, it is actually a version of Funkadelic's Music For My Mother. Either way, it has been renamed and recredited, I'll have to put them side by side to see if its a cover, or some form of bootleg...

• I picked up this 45 from a local antique shop a couple weeks ago, and was wondering if anyone has got some information about it. The group is called The Psychedelic Set and the label is London House Records of Newark NJ. The track is Keep Running Mississippi (pt 1 & 2). My copy is not in good shape, but the song itself is real nice (especially part 2, which is a bit harder / funkier). I haven't been able to turn anything up about it on the internet, and Funk45.com hasn't responded to my inquiry. I'd appreciate any info about this group, label, or particular 45.

I have a really clean copy myself. I always thought it sounded like Funkadelic. George Clinton was from North Jersey & thought perhaps he knew something about this 45.  It just might be a rare gem.

• SoulOnIce said:
    Well, the title is a line from a Funkadelic song...

• I have a really clean copy myself. I always thought it sounded like Funkadelic. George Clinton was from North Jersey & thought perhaps he knew something about this 45.  It just might be a rare gem.