Common on Dave Letterman

d_wordd_word 666 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Okay I know some folks around here don't like him but tonight's performance was a little bit of alright. He did "Real People" in a three piece suit with a two piece horn section with live band.TIVO THEM SHITS

Comments

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    "Sweet. lovely." - Dave Letterman

• montymonty 420 Posts
    ..."Real People" in a three piece suit with a two piece horn section with live band.
    seems to be the next thing

shit, musicians might put some DJs out of work!? nah, i doubt it.

• Thanks for the heads up again...
    70mins till it's on...

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    rapidshare.de/files/10518335/010506-common.wmv.html

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    I think dave totally dropped the ball on this one. He let common steamroll right over him. This part disappointed me:

Letterman: ???Yeah, but I think there???s something, those gay sweaters you wear. I'm not sure that it's, cool, I don't think that you represent an objective hip hop viewpoint.???

Common: ???Well, you???re going to have to give me an example if you're going to make those claims.???

Letterman: ???Well I don???t watch your videos so that would be impossible.???

Common: ???Then why would you come to that conclusion about my gay sweaters if you don't watch the videos????

Letterman: ???Because of things that I???ve read, things that I know.???

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I think dave totally dropped the ball on this one. He let common steamroll right over him. This part disappointed me:

Letterman: ???Yeah, but I think there???s something, those gay sweaters you wear. I'm not sure that it's, cool, I don't think that you represent an objective hip hop viewpoint.???

Common: ???Well, you???re going to have to give me an example if you're going to make those claims.???

Letterman: ???Well I don???t watch your videos so that would be impossible.???

Common: ???Then why would you come to that conclusion about my gay sweaters if you don't watch the videos????

Letterman: ???Because of things that I???ve read, things that I know.???
    Zing!!

• Exactly, if Letterman expects to truly son Common, he's going to
    have to come to the table armed with examples of corny punchlines
    and tired rhyme schemes, as well as photos of Common wearing
    various garish Kufis, Shawls and 21st-Century Cosby sweaters.
    Also Letterman could ask, simply, "how do you get that soft sound?"

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Exactly, if Letterman expects to truly son Common, he's going to

have to come to the table armed with examples of corny punchlines

and tired rhyme schemes, as well as photos of Common wearing

various garish Kufis, Shawls and 21st-Century Cosby sweaters.

Also Letterman could ask, simply, "how do you get that soft sound?"

...or just reach over his desk, grab hold of his collar with one hand, and strike him about the face with the other.

• I thought that was pretty cool.

Soulful shit is obviously just too pussy for some. Wish I was a hard cunt 24/7. I'd feel chuffed with myself.
    But then how many dudes did Curtis (Mayfield not Jackson...aiight!) punch out...?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i just thought it would be funny if someone did that on t.v. whether or not you like his music, you can't hat on common... he's from chicago!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    So you fucks with MSN also.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So you fucks with MSN also.

I was thinking the same thing. I read that article. Just a bunch of shit I already knew.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Common nominated for 5 Grammys[/b]!

I don't give a damn what anyone says, that sounded good (although I did hear a couple of suspect notes especially when dude kept on with his solo and the rest of the band made that key change ).