thoughts on x-men 3 (casting related)

speakmumblesspeakmumbles 447 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
whatcha think about frasier crane playin beast? i think this one is perfect though...juggernaut=vinnie jones

Comments

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    fraiz is definitely an odd choice, but he's a quality actor so i think it will work out.

as for vinnie jones, yeah cool

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    for some reason frasier makes me want to check this out.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Hell, I'll watch any movie with Bill Duke in it:

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    kelsey grammer is really playing beast? whoa. at least the accent should be on point.

are they gonna CGI all his action scenes? dude is sorta old.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Hmmmm.... I'm sort in sketchy about this. On the one hand (mentally) I think Kels can handle the part. Beast is supposed to be a damn near genius and Kels can is probably the most fitting in that regard. But Beast is also ginormus and at this point his physical attributes look kinda weak for it being Beast. I saw the trailer the other day. Looks cool, still will go see it cuz I liked the first two....

• edubedub 715 Posts
    Hmmmm.... I'm sort in sketchy about this. On the one hand (mentally) I think Kels can handle the part. Beast is supposed to be a damn near genius and Kels can is probably the most fitting in that regard. But Beast is also ginormus and at this point his physical attributes look kinda weak for it being Beast. I saw the trailer the other day. Looks cool, still will go see it cuz I liked the first two....

maybe it's like when they had one guy play Hulk and another for Bruce Banner (the tv show, that is)?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    kelsey grammer is really playing beast? whoa. at least the accent should be on point.

I saw the previews at apple.com. When the beast is hairy and blue he looks nothing like Kelsey Grammer. I don't know if he'll play the Beast as a normal human (which he's able to do in the comics).

• kelsey grammer is really playing beast? whoa. at least the accent should be on point.

the beast had an accent? thought he was american, and never thought he was supposed to have an accent

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

the beast had an accent? thought he was american, and never thought he was supposed to have an accent

I think he was refering to his tone/linguistic manuerizms, Kels seems to have an air of sofistication about his voice.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

I think he was refering to his tone/linguistic manuerizms, Kels seems to have an air of sofistication about his voice.

no, here's my self- moment. i thought Beast was British. I guess it was his high-falutin' talking that tricked me. i know Kels isn't british, but he can do high-falutin', so if beast is high-falutin' american, then all the better.

man, i'm such little x-dude.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

no, here's my self- moment. i thought Beast was British. I guess it was his high-falutin' talking that tricked me. i know Kels isn't british, but he can do high-falutin', so if beast is high-falutin' american, then all the better.

What accent? the dude is a comic book character. he talks in 2 dimensions.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

What accent? the dude is a comic book character. he talks in 2 dimensions.

super

p.s. this looks utterly ridiculous