What do you WORK OUT TO, SON?

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited May 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
i listen to The Clash a lot of times while i do calisthenics in my room. Tonight i'm listening to Oneness of Juju "African Rhythms". Usually i like to listen to stuff like this, that's moving and full of energy. so what do you guys work out to? (workout can mean, vacuuming your room, making dinner, if "exercise" does not apply)

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Technotronic pump up the jam while I do hella push ups. Or C&C Music Factory, depending on the mood I'm in.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    just finished working out while listening to Luis Bonfa "Sanctuary"

shit was mellow but still had me pumped

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    when I was lifting weights, I went super-aggro, usually Slayer "South of Heaven" or busted out the old hardcore SxE positive reinforcement shit like Gorilla Biscuits or something...

...for cooking dinner usually jazz or reggae, if I'm gonna cook a big meal I like to smoke herb while I cook and listen to some dub, get my appetite up...

my vacuum is too loud to hear music. so I just listen to the vacuum and laugh at my cat going bananas.

is it vaccum or vacuum?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    is it vaccum or vacuum?

son don't risk it, it is vacuum.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Generally I like to surf neo-nazi websites to get pumped. Those sites always make me want to get huge and stomp skinheads. It helps me get motivated to go train jui-jitsu, too. (Am I normal?)

And once I get in the weightroom I usually go for some real ruff dancehall with lots of anger, e.g. Capleton or some shit. Agression = heavier weights.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Lately...

Daft Punk

Yeah.

- J

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    DJ Shadow - Entropy

DJ Format - If You Cant Join Em, Beat Em

DJ Bombjack - Futureproof EP

I'm switching between these lately.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    just finished working out while listening to Luis Bonfa "Sanctuary"

shit was mellow but still had me pumped

hell yes, "non stop to brazil....na naaa na"

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Work out? Huh?

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    The Hollertronix mix is great fucking workout music.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Helmet - In the Meantime
    Linkin Park's 1st record
    K-Solo - Tell The World Your Name

are some faves.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I read this interview with Savion Glover about ten years ago where he said that his preferred workout tape was BDP's Live Hardcore Worldwide... that made me go and rebuy the album, which I had previously traded.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I read this interview with Savion Glover about ten years ago where he said that his preferred workout tape was BDP's Live Hardcore Worldwide... that made me go and rebuy the album, which I had previously traded.

Because back in '95, you were all about having a body like Savion's?

PASUE

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yo,

When working out in the morning, I watch "Today" on NBC. When I'm cleaning up around the crib, I like to listen to upbeat music such as (some examples):

-"Escapism"-James Brown.
    -"Light My Fire"-Tami Lynn.
    -"Reaching Out (For Your Love)" 12"-Lee Moore.
    -"All Night Thang"-Invisible Man's Band.
    -"Ooh Baby"-Johnny Sayles.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    I run to:

"RUN"-Ghost and Kiss
    "Stress"-Organized Konfusion
    and a few others

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    death metal. strictly death metal.

i lie.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

i lie.

This man gets you amped:

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    When I'm cleaning up around the crib

When I had a television, I used to watch The Color Purple every Saturday while I cleaned the house. I never get sick of it: "You told Harpo to beat me???"

A PM from Reynaldo to Ross:

Envisioning D****l's muscled yet graceful 18 year old body is not a good look for you.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Envisioning D****l toning his six pack to make sure his tat doesn't begin to read "Hug Ike" is not a good look for you.

Envisioning D****l toning his six pack to make sure his tat doesn't begin to read "Hug Ike" is not a good look for you.

This whole thread is becoming a very bad look for all involved.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

i lie.

This man gets you amped:

dood, you're getting it all wrong, that is black metal, not death metal...death metal is some sweatpant wearing cookie monster vocal bullshit...it sucks. black metal shits all over it.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts

Day,

skip the Quantic, grab the other three, head straight into the lab and work on that RECORD that we are all waiting for!!! Please!!!!

Me, I can't listen to anything when I'm doing sports.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    PM/Email coming soon

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    The Hollertronix mix is great fucking workout music.

yes!
    also, the MIA/Diplo mix, Ayres's Glamourous Life, Chronic 2001, Best of Mac Dre or Bay Area Classics mix, Triple Threat Dancehall mixes, and lots of RAP MUSIC

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts

correct position for fingertip push-ups:

I sing THE RULES in my head and somtimes outloud, to the instrumental of OLLIE & JERRY's "Ain't No Stoppin Us" from the Breakin Soundtrack!

What counts as a pushup? The palms must be at shoulder-width. The body must remain straight throughout, i.e., no bending at knees or waist. The body must be lowered until at least 90 degree-angle is attained at the elbow and the body is parralel to the ground. The body must then be raised until the arms are straight. This equals one push-up. All pushups should be made on a hard surface. This basic principle applies to all our push-up entries with minor modifications.
    To document a record, two videos must be provided: one from the front view, a second one from the side view.

Finger tip: instead of the palm of both hands touching the floor, only the finger tips (including the tip of the thumb) may touch.
    One arm: Only one arm may be used and the same arm must be used throughout the attempt. In this attempt the hand is placed flat on the floor.
    One finger: Only one finger of one hand may be used. The thumb may not be used. The record is for the number of repetitions; no rest breaks are permitted. The one-finger position must be maintained throughout. The side of the index finger must not be used as this means other parts of the hand will come in contact with the ground and therefore invalidate the attempt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come on, everyone sing my work out song!

• dsandersdsanders 495 Posts

It's a pillow rest for the brain, filling the mind with beautiful thoughts.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

It's a pillow rest for the brain, filling the mind with beautiful thoughts.

i knew someone was gonna post something like this.

cool looking record.