how we've fucked up iraq...

spivyspivy 866 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    27 thousand + ... but come on, he gassed his own people, we're just using white phosphorus on them.

• 27 thousand + ... but come on, he gassed his own people, we're just using white phosphorus on them.

It's important to make those distinctions....

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    27 thousand + ... but come on, he gassed his own people, we're just using white phosphorus on them.

Ever since the assault, which went unreported by any Western journalists, rumours[/b] have swirled that the Americans used chemical weapons on the city.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

Ever since the assault, which went unreported by any Western journalists, rumours[/b] have swirled that the Americans used chemical weapons on the city.

if i was a gambling man though....... $20 on white!

• 27 thousand + ... but come on, he gassed his own people, we're just using white phosphorus on them.

Hmmmm...in a war up to its ass in alligators with propaganda, misinformation and a manipulated and compliant press, it's hard to know who to believe. I'm sure that past history tells us that Americans would never engage in anything so horrific...

Hmmmm...in a war up to its ass in alligators with propaganda, misinformation and a manipulated and compliant press, it's hard to know who to believe. I'm sure that past history tells us that Americans would never engage in anything so horrific...

nice dodge, "fake but accurate"

No dodge at all. I'm just saying that your assumption that because you don't see something reported in the Western press, that it must be true, is incorrect, and that our government and armed forces have used questionable tactics in the past, so it's not unfair to assume that they may be using them now.

No dodge at all. I'm just saying that your assumption that because you don't see something reported in the Western press, that it must be true, is incorrect, and that our government and armed forces have used questionable tactics in the past, so it's not unfair to assume that they may be using them now.

ummm. I think you're the one assuming. Its a questionable story to begin with and then admits to being based on rumor in the second paragraph.

ummm. I think you're the one assuming. Its a questionable story to begin with and then admits to being based on rumor in the second paragraph.

Yes. If you read the words I typed, I admit to making an assumption.

whoa. you want him to read something one of you far lefties wrote?

come on now.

• Yes. If you read the words I typed, I admit to making an assumption.

come on now.

I'm not sure "far lefty" is appropriate anymore. I'm thinking I'm liking "appeasing, yellow bellied, fifth-columnist, nay sayer".

come on now.

no, what i see is you presenting this unsubstantiated rumor as a truth, and not even questioning it because its obviously what you want to believe, which is typical, and which is why I don't spend too much time trying to analyze what you write. Do you mean what you write?

dude. he said it was an assumption. So you should spend the time to read.... jackass.

dude. he said it was an assumption. So you should spend the time to read.... jackass.

maybe you should read, because i dont see where he says it was an assumption until after I pointed out it was a rumor.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    27,000+ is the issue...but sadly you are more concerned with assumptions.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I haven't looked at that site but the count thats considered to be the most accurate by statisticians cites over 100k Iraqi dead... this count includes all those who died indirectly due to the conflict, not just shot/bombed