Can anyone help me w/ this Stringtronics question?

lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Hey, I recently got a mono copy of this, which is pretty nice, but I was just wondering about the existence and price difference between this and the stereo version.Also, does anyone know about some u.s. release of this on the southern library label.Thanks for any info, I'll be in debt.

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I don't think that there was a stereo pressing of stringtronics. my guess: until 9015 there were only mono releases. stringtronics is 9013
    there was a southern stringtronics pressing, but i don't know if they really pressed it or just put stickers on the peer labels:

Stringtronics "Mind Bender" on Southern Records from 1972. One of the top 3 sought after library lps.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    there is a US press of this, vinyl pressed in the US but usually comes in a UK sleeve. There may be an Australian press also but i can't confirm this.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Wow. Thanks guys. I never knew there was a cut off for peer stereo releases. I suppose I'd just assumed that they had released a line of both mono and stereo versions of music, in the same way that Tanner did, most likely for am and fam licensing.

Thanks again.

• What is this record going for these days?

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    i would say 300-400$