How did beat-makers gain the title of Producer?

124»

Comments

• Ass-kissing is very unbecoming of you, "G." And yes, I am a nice guy, and I usually enjoy being credited as such, but in this instance, I could give a fuck if you think I'm an asshole. I'm not here to win your approval. You ain't shit to me, plain and simple.

This is a very, very bad look for you.

You know Ross, I am sure you're a nice guy (you know, we've hung out!). I'm equally as sure that E**c can fight his own battles.

Sidebusting is a pretty bad look too.

• Sidebusting is a pretty bad look too.

Is this at all different from when you or your homies say something in support of one another? This is hardly my fighting anyone's battle nor is it a sidebust.

• Sidebusting is a pretty bad look too.

Is this at all different from when you or your homies say something in support of one another? This is hardly my fighting anyone's battle nor is it a sidebust.

Ref, can I get a review?

I think jumping in a discussion which you're not a part of to call something a bad look is pretty much the textbook definition of a "sidebust".

But we may need MyNameIsTASoWhat to confirm this

• Then by your own definition, you're sidebustin' on me.

Now, contact J*sh about those pre-orders and beat the other NY stores to the punch.

• Then by your own definition, you're sidebustin' on me.

Now, contact J*sh about those pre-orders and beat the other NY stores to the punch.

Yeah but, see, I was already involved in this discussion

as for the latter, that shit been done!

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I think the gist of it is this: just because a "producer" is paid to put his imprint on the sound, this doesn't necessarily-and-at-all-times mean the "product" is either better or worse.

Yet producers claim to know how to make records better?

If an artist puts himself in a position where his sound is going to be "compromised," what the hell do I care?

That's a shame. You cold-hearted gangsta, you!

By the way, interesting that you question my use of the word "violence" and than make the comparison to genocide, no?

Not really, no. I used your method of taking something I said literally (the role of producer is presumptuous) and implied something much more extreme ("VIOLENCE!").

My refusal to use graemlins probably left you no choice but to think I wasn't being just a tiny bit playful. :winkwink:

We can agree to disagree just fine but what's with the condescenion in your tone? It's not playfully, it's just straight up condescending and mockingly disrespectful. Why? Because I disagree with you?

Awesome.

-e