10,000 POSTS = IM SUCH A LOSER I MADE THIS MIX

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Cheers, folls... here's a snippet mix of the Impalaville piff that I dropped last week! 13 minutes 42 seconds of lurvHastily made, so my apologies for any real or perceived trainwrecking. Have fun with it.Thanks to all of you I lost my job, my friends, girls won't date me, my family doesn't know me anymore, I can't speak coherently without trying to use a gesture for this :: But I have more records.

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    dude

hi Johnny

I am diggin' this

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Double True

perceived trainwrecking

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    record dealers are so lame.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

This mix is butter. Thanks Jon!

record dealers are so lame.

agreed

• This mix is butter. Thanks Jon!

Cosiggy...however, 10K in posts is suspiciously Crinky...

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

This mix is butter. Thanks Jon!

Cosiggy...however, 10K in posts is suspiciously Crinky...

Definitely burst out of the pack of also rans to challenge the Crink.

Congrads. Downloading... now.

• Listen to the spanish inflection on this thing. Skl*te repping la raza like a true mensch.

Without a doubt, Jonny Paycheck is the Larry Harlow (aka "El Judio Maravilloso") of Soulstrut.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    birdcall.

Listen to the spanish inflection on this thing. Skl*te repping la raza like a true mensch.

Without a doubt, Jonny Paycheck is the Larry Harlow (aka "El Judio Maravilloso") of Soulstrut.

• glad you guys enjoy the mix. Everyone should holler at me to order a full versioN!

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Definitely a sweet mix. I like it the more I listen to it. It's been on loop all day at my office.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    Everyone should holler at him to order a full versioN!

this is definitely an awesome sit-down-and-listen-to-the-whole-thing type of thing. i recomend everyone get there hands on this and chill out. go for a ride. smoke a L. whatever it is you do to chill out. this goes hand in hand with that.

• "Oldies lowrider radio on lock! Johnny Paycheck (owner of NYC???s Good Records store) has put together this 79 minute mix of slow soul, doo wop, latin soul and whatever else Smokey, Lil Sad Eyes, Big Joker, Lil Joker, and them ride to. Shit is just plain awesome: The Originals, Brenton Wood, The Young Rascals, Malo, Ocho, War, The Intruders, Delfonics, Impressions, etc etc. The cd is put together like a live radio show, complete with announcer voice, call-ins and shout outs, and the tracks just play straight through, as they should- scratching or mixing these would not only be sacrelige, it would ruin the vibe completely. Get in the cruisemobile."

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    this is great. they need to give you a radio show.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Big Joker, Lil Joker,

What about Joker from down the block? And Toker?

Seriously, everybody should get this.

• PLURPLUR 28 Posts
    Cheers, folls... here's a snippet mix of the Impalaville piff that I dropped last week!

13 minutes 42 seconds of lurv

Hastily made, so my apologies for any real or perceived trainwrecking. Have fun with it.

Thanks to all of you I lost my job, my friends, girls won't date me, my family doesn't know me anymore, I can't speak coherently without trying to use a gesture for this ::

But I have more records.

HI!! I lissend 2 this over an over an therez no Breakz on heer. May-b u made a mistaek? This is a websight about BREAKZ, u kno?

• Big Joker, Lil Joker,

What about Joker from down the block? And Toker?

and Flaca, and Puppet, and Frog? Loyal listeners!

Glad you enjoy the CD hommie.

The caller that has been in the pinto for five years scares me, for real. He calls me even when the show's not on.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    but you dont understand dawg, she got ass she got tittys, she dont even say shit ese

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    glad you guys enjoy the mix. Everyone should holler at me to order a full versioN!

Several months ago now, the nationwide scourge that is JACK FM ran a putsch on the only 60s-70s FM station in my radio market (I'm told that another one has emerged, but far be it from me to hunt for it amidst all the commercials shouting down the songs on the high end of the dial). My wife was psyched to have her 80s favorites all in one convenient location, so I tried to mask my disappointment. Since she drives my car (and yes she's gonna be a star), I left it alone. But as the days changed to weeks, and the weeks changed to months, Jack started showing his ass. There's only so much Phil Collins a guy can take before he reaches his breaking point. I've resorted to launching such offensives as AM Sports Talk radio - never popular with the ladies.

When I'm in the car, I need that oldies default. You can turn to the oldies and no sensible passenger will object, and most will even sing along to a tune or two. Oldies used to be on the AM side (AM 1450), but at some point during my childhood, it transitioned to the higher frequency band. Now it is transitioning off of commercial radio completely.

If you miss and need oldies radio like I do, "holler" at the GAWD for the "full versioN!" and wear it out.

It's worth your hamiltons.

JRoot

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Jonny, you got some Aalon in there?

• It's worth your hamiltons.

In case you all need another endorsement from a person you've never met I'm here to say this is the best $10 I've spent in a long time. I've had it two weeks maybe and played the shit out of it. The lady loves it. Friends love it. Morning, noon, night.

Five Stairsteps - Ooh Baby Baby?