Married with Children Strutters, A question...

Comments

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    my family in current day:

• speshboogiespeshboogie 105 Posts
    Yo here's 2 of my 3 seeds.
    My other one is upstairs making beats on his Roland.

Start 'em off young & make sure they carry on the legacy!

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

We can't have a family room because of Daddy's stupid record collection!

Just kidding!

• speshboogiespeshboogie 105 Posts

Just kidding!

There is/was some truth to that.

But I bought a new crib back in October to accomodate the lab & discos.

Fortunately it was perfect for me & the fammy fam, with an already partitioned off/sealed garage that houses my recording studio/control room, Records & still leaves plenty room for the GameCube/Nintendo (say in Slim Thug voice)...
    So it doubles as the 'game room' as well.
    Now they got somewhere to hang out!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

That kid is so freakin' adorable!

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

Just kidding!

HAH!!!!!!!!!!!

That's like my wife and I...We can't have a DINING room in our apartment because of my records.

Stark Reality record - $300.00
    S.O.U.L. record - $50.00
    Having your kinds hold up raers -

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Last time I checked, raising 1 child (including four years of college) will cost you about 5.2M. Some truth in that or is it way off the meter ?

How could that figure possibly be true? Most people don't make that much money if a lifetime!

The USDA website reports the figure annually; I think it's about $240K right now.

How could that figure possibly be true? Most people don't make that much money if a lifetime!

The USDA website reports the figure annually; I think it's about $240K right now.

This is the 2004 report. The range is from $134,370 for people who make less than $41,700 up to $269,520 for people who make over $70,200. This does not include the price of college, and I don't think it's adjusted for inflation.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

That's the realest shit you ever wrote.

We're coming up on that issue now...once Ella wants her own room it's GAME OVER for my record room. It's time to to go storage...or as LaserWolf keeps suggesting, I call him up to drive down and pick up 4/5ths of my collection.

Anyways, here's what's really important:

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    Yo thats an ill onesie! Where did you cop?

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    Sorry for using an old phrase but Children Are The Future. Records have mainly become pieces of plastic and I can not remember feeling so indifferent towards them anytime during the last 20 odd years. Ifeyinka (Yoruba for "Surrounded By Love") came along 8 months ago and has put many things into perspective.

However, music is terribly important as I am convinced that it influences the child's developments. That's why a well balanced collection from Classical, to Jazz, from Ethnic to Funk to you name it is very important.
    One thing that I am very concerned about is that I can not ignore lyrical content anymore and I am reluctant to spin many HipHop tracks for that simple reason...

I haven't been to a record shop in ages and only bought one CD on eBay since she was born. Did you know that you can buy strollers, child carriers and high chairs on eBay?

Call me old fashioned but I really think that MARRIED with children is the way to go.
    You dig!?! - Make it last forever.

Yo thats an ill onesie! Where did you cop?

It was a gift from a friend but I've seen it at stores around town too.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    That second picture is pretty much perfect. (What's Yoruba for "I got Daddy wrapped around my finger"?)

Congratulations to you and yours.

• Dang, some beautiful families up in this mug. PRoppperrs!

you know I gots to play too:

here's my waking views most mornings:

YADADAMEEN??

1st birthday cake experience: baby on KRACK!

Sissy making a mother's nature baby outta her scapegoat brother:

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I'm in a little different situation then most since I'm an "adopted" dad. My girlfriend and her kid moved in with me so I've been his father for only 2 years now. He's presently 6 going on 7. The biggest impact records wise is BUDGET, BUDGET, BUDGET. No more big spending sprees, and there is far less time to hit the record stores. Most of my buying is through eBay and on the vacations I take when I go out of town for things like Spring Break and Summer. Luckily the living room and part of the dinning room is where all of the records are and the kid has his own room, which actually might be a little bit bigger than MY ROOM!?!?! so space isn't an issue. Also I have WAAAAAAY less time to listen to anything because I have family time now. In an odd way being a teacher has helped balanced this because I need to be pretty much left alone when grading essays and such because I can't concentrate so that actually gives me time to listen to music. Still, I'm lucky if I get to go through 2 or 3 records a week where as before music was on all the time. A good thing is my kid loves music and will put on the headphones or start dancing when I've got something on.

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    For real I hear it only gets worse when they get older, that why gots to spend time now and sacrifice job and ish...
    I have records and the kids got ill toys! I can't wait to tell my boy gets old enough to realize that how lame it was for him to break apart his $100 Roy Valker Die Cast Metal Robotech that transformed to all 3 modes..... Records in one room toys in the other 3 cause wifey collects toys to! Crazy Hotwheels and nick naks....

• Oh yeah I forgot to anwer the OG query...I buy more records now than ever.
    But a much smaller percentage is for keeps these days. And a lot less of those $50 records of course. As long as vinyl is part of my livelihood I'll be buying wax somewhat in bulk. But in the long run, how many records does one really need to have in their in their possession? I'm ready to start transferring the whole lot of these things...a lot of the tepid one trackers are already gone.

*meanwhile, waiting nervously for the older one to hit middle school*

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Oh yeah I forgot to anwer the OG query...I buy more records now than ever.
    But a much smaller percentage is for keeps these days. And a lot less of those $50 records of course. As long as vinyl is part of my livelihood I'll be buying wax somewhat in bulk.

peacefulrotation, crushin' a dollarbin near you soon.

here's my waking views most mornings:

Now, J**h, ain't you little to old to be sucking on that pacifier? How do you manage to see over that thing?

Seriously, I'll take 20 more of these threads over "Post a Picture of Your Mug" any day.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    best thread in a minute. I'm respecting a lot of you dudes even more.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Strikingly beautiful, Yemsky! She gets the tiara award.

All she needs is a Diplo-esque DJ and she could be the next M.I.A.,

This is my friend's son, Maceo. I hadn't seen him in over six months and back then, he was kind of quiet and surly. Now he's little ball of explosive energy and cuuuuuuuuute as hell. Check out his power moves:

Maceo sez: "you just got served, poptart"

And here's Ella doing her Pillsbury Dough Girl impersonation.

Where's Archaic and pics of his new baby girl?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    All of you guys fuggin rule! Seriously the best thread in a while, cute kids!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    This is my friend's son, Maceo. I hadn't seen him in over six months and back then, he was kind of quiet and surly. Now he's little ball of explosive energy and cuuuuuuuuute as hell. Check out his power moves:

Damn Maceo's looking like Jerry Rice on the post route. Determined. Focused. Positively Heisman-esque.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    SOULTRUT SEEDLINGS[/b]

This thread took a beautiful turn. Thanks for sharing your families. Peace to all the young ones, cuties one and all. I tried to get a little seed in every collage, I hope I didn't miss anyone...

Peace,
    ~B

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    Bam -

Outstanding!

-Larry

PS I sent my wife the link. She's gonna want to know where Odub got that headphone onesie...

• best thread of the last few weeks. I'm respecting a lot of you dudes even more... and cotdamn if this doesn't make want to have kids even more

Rocking one of Bam's collages as a desktop,

W

Those are the cutest collages, ever! They should totally work this concept into an ad campaign for United Colors of Benetton.

Bam,

You the man.

It's funny because I think a lot of us take pride in showing off our kids in a similar (but not same) way that we would, say, our raers...only, showing off our kids doesn't seem nowhere as obnoxious.