Rare Heshers?

visual_rockavisual_rocka 52 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Are the hesh guys our kindred spirits?The only guys who ever come into our shop from outta USA looking for raers besides funk/soul/hip hop/etc are Germans looking for rare metal LPS!?? What are the rare metal grails?? Every metal LP looks like a private press home made record but most are 8 dollar records on COMBAT.. what are the hesh heaters?? theres gotta be some madness from late 80s Florida/Cali bands... post up some Pics/Mp3s please.has this been a thread already?

Comments

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Slaughter XXstroyers.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Are the hesh guys our kindred spirits?

The only guys who ever come into our shop from outta USA looking for raers besides funk/soul/hip hop/etc are Germans looking for rare metal LPS!??

What are the rare metal grails?? Every metal LP looks like a private press home made record but most are 8 dollar records on COMBAT.. what are the hesh heaters?? theres gotta be some madness from late 80s Florida/Cali bands... post up some Pics/Mp3s please.

has this been a thread already?

My brother is one of the top metal dealers/labels(O.P.M. Records)in the U.S. and the prices he gets for stuff is friggin ridiculous. I'll ask him to put together a top ten of holy grails but off the top of my head Villian from Cali, Iron Cross from Fla., Excel from Tx, MX from Georgia, Slaughter X-Troyes from Chicago, Legend "From The Fjords" are all up in the high 3 figures.

On a similar note....any of you diggers out there have a 12" metal single from L.A. called "Liquid Earth"???

• paging dante....

the silver album seemed pretty psycho, can't remember the band name though. i can remember there being a different SLAYER, some private shit, that goes for loot.

paging dante....

the silver album seemed pretty psycho, can't remember the band name though. i can remember there being a different SLAYER, some private shit, that goes for loot.

Just spoke to little bro....There is a S.A. Slayer from San Antonio that's pretty rare....but how about these...

Militia local Texas LP - $2,000
    Paradox local Chicago - $2,000
    Graven Image L.A. 12" - $600

Apparently there are only 10-20 metal LP's that are in the $1,000+ category

• I actually saw this once at a flea market and chuckled to myslef at the cover. It's not as funny to me anymore.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I actually saw this once at a flea market and chuckled to myslef at the cover. It's not as funny to me anymore.
    This is where habbits like "buying records with ridiculous/humours/interesting covers" comes in handy.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I actually saw this once at a flea market and chuckled to myslef at the cover. It's not as funny to me anymore.

ouchy

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    I once had a really good run of about 50 hardcore/punk 7"s.
    I sold them all on Ebay.
    I remember Negative Approach and Gorilla Biscuits getting a lot.
    I'll try to recall some of the others.

The Straight edge/Hardcore crowd is very into the raers. More raer than metal I say.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    More raer than metal I say.

I think it's about equal on both fronts, and don't forget the raer AOR private hard rock, too.

• This is one HC record that is not only horrible - it sounds like it was recorded in a fucking tin can.