Are these records any good?

13»

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I couldn't tell you why Jeremie suddenly became so expensive, but I'm awfully glad it did. After selling that $510 copy, I went through another half-dozen at $300 and the people who bought it were thrilled with the price. Once upon a time it wasn't very rare at all but you would now be hard pressed to find a copy in Quebec. Personally, I think it's a great record and good value for a bill. Lee Gagnon is also hip to the LP's status amongst collectors; his promo material includes odub's review of the LP. Always the soulstrut connection.

You can thank Turntablelab's old Record Check feature for blowing that record up (I suppose back then it was the TTL EFFECT rather than the STRUT EFFECT) and I believe it was under a bill then...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Simba is by far his best shit.

Must be. I remember a good record by Levy.

There's good-to-great stuff on other Levy albums though...

• Simba is by far his best shit.

Must be. I remember a good record by Levy.

There's good-to-great stuff on other Levy albums though...

True, but Simba is the best album in his canon of work.

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    Jerzy Milian - Orkiestra Rozrywkowa (Heard about this through an Ish feature. Had a sound link but that's old and dead. Is the rest of the LP good and is it worth the $150 it averages on eBay?)

• 100% pure posion got cheaper after it got reissued. windy c is easily the best joint on there and the only thing sounding like that. good version of puppet on a string.

i dont celebrate any of the eastbound catalog and ive never been overwhelmed by texas twister.

i like odonnel levy. but he can be pretty lukewarm. hes got some nice joints on that new day LP as well as simba and all his groove merchant records got somethig worthwhile on them.

zalatnay is like skorpion (her band on a lot of records)... good funky hard rock with some breaks and not that great singing in a weird language. best record is el modjam el...at least 3 pretty good songs and that one thats pretty fucking dope. price really dipped on this so you should be able to grab it around $40. ha fiu lehetnek (dont ask me how i remember that) isnt really worth it

1619 is dope but i'm not sure its worth the dough. snatch it up if you see it for a good deal though cause you can always get rid of it if you have second thoughts. i found it for 50 cents, so itll be in my crib for a long time.

travis biggs is a less polished version of tibetan serenity, probably better...i never had that great an urge to track it down or shell out for it. id pick it up if i saw it under 40.

lee gagnon. jeremie is the shit. definitely pick this up. the breaks are superb and pop up all over the place. theres these ill mechanical guitar themes that really work. theres some kids singing themes that are kind of happy and carefreee and surrounded by sinister shit, making a succesful contrast. then theres this other upbeat theme that gets me hyped and then this dark moody shit interspersed. top notch record. get it as soon as you can

duke of burlington- pressed piano is good. has a ill eerie cover of mongoose and some other good songs. flash is better. odub, hipped me to that fact back at the broccoli meetup with AI . mine has the kitten on the cover and was not very expensive. definitely worth the dough. pressed piano is more borderline. i got it in a good trade with groove merchant but dont listen to it much

im a go listen to jeremie right now

• and i always liked steve grossman.
    shape of things to come is better than terrafirma.
    no shame in spending $20 on shape of things to come. back when i got it i listened to it for a while.

grope....