Boston

Tonearm_RobberyTonearm_Robbery 699 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I'll be in town for a week starting on the 7th and was checking for anyone who wanted to play ambassador? Always down for a stiff drink and a good story."I enjoy a nice pair of slacks and people like me because I'm always on time..."Hit me up if your down.

Comments

• tuesday,jan 10th @ middlesex mass.ave cambridge

kenny dope(maw) will be ripping shit up, normally my night is every other sat. this is some new shit tho!

do not miss this...deep funk, modern soul/disco...classic rap shits 10-1

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    People keep on telling me I have to play at that spot Middlesex. I always end up playing down the street at Enormous.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Do you find Enormous to be annoying? It has to be the most uncomfortable environment I've ever "lounged" in. No dancing, sit on pillows, got carded three times, and I'm 27. WTF.

No hate to anyone playing there, but the environs, not the music, are just not condusive (sp).

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Last I played there they brought in sound reinforcement and packed that shit up real quick. People were dancing on all the couches and tables and pretty much everywhere, bouncing off the walls all night. Couple tables got broken actually from people dancing on them, but yeah I know what you're saying. Definitely not the best.

• Do you find Enormous to be annoying? It has to be the most uncomfortable environment I've ever "lounged" in. No dancing, sit on pillows, got carded three times, and I'm 27. WTF.

No hate to anyone playing there, but the environs, not the music, are just not condusive (sp).

not to hate on the staff or any of my peeps that play there.....BUT...shit is like a bowling lane, sound system is wack, dj booth is hidden behind a brick wall with 3 bricks poked out...nowhere to dance...barefoot mufuckas near the food..the line for the bathroom is the line for the bar

hands down...worst place to spin in boston

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Do you find Enormous to be annoying? It has to be the most uncomfortable environment I've ever "lounged" in. No dancing, sit on pillows, got carded three times, and I'm 27. WTF.

not to hate on the staff or any of my peeps that play there.....BUT...shit is like a bowling lane, sound system is wack, dj booth is hidden behind a brick wall with 3 bricks poked out...nowhere to dance...barefoot mufuckas near the food..the line for the bathroom is the line for the bar

hands down...worst place to spin in boston

Well, as I just said

Last I played there they brought in sound reinforcement and packed that shit up real quick. People were dancing on all the couches and tables and pretty much everywhere, bouncing off the walls all night. Couple tables got broken actually from people dancing on them, but yeah I know what you're saying. Definitely not the best.

• This is the spot your talking about, right?

Word. Thanks for the heads up.

Will you be at the spot, RAW?

If so, let me know. First round is on me.

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts

I have been incognito due to the holidays, but i am back now.

Re: Enormous Room[/b]
    I can never hate on this place. True, the sound system is bad (although they have done some work on this, NYE dudes didn't bring reinforcements and it didn't cut out all night & sounded ok). But to me, this spot is all about the people that own it, and the staff. Gary & Courtney and everyone are the best.

Re: Middlesex[/b]
    Middlesex is probably my favorite ROOM to spin in (lately at least). Big enough for dancing, small enough for lounging. But the problem is the attitude of both some of the people that work there, and the bulk of the people that go there. It has gotten to the point that my friends won't even bother coming out to see me spin there anymore. They don't want to put up with bullshit at the door....thats really the biggest problem. That said, it is a fun gig...you bring out your friends with you, and know what you are getting yourself into & you'll have fun. I'll be there on friday the 13th & friday the 27th. Funk, soul, disco, hiphop etcetc. Also...I will DEFINTELY be in the house for Kenny Dope.

Re: Boston in general[/b]
    The above two spots are my normal haunts lately....Zuzu on saturday nights is definately worth checking out. Don't mean to hype up my own shit (I only do it about once a month), but its a rotating group of soul & funk djs. Each dj has their own style, ranging from older r&b type stuff to ultimate breaks & beats to northern. Typically when i do it, I keep it pretty accessable and play alot of motown, stax...easy soul & funk for the masses with the occasional raer thrown in. Its free too, can't beat that. Usually doesn't get hopping till about midnight tho.

Also, lately I have been djing at this new spot in Mission Hill called 'The Mission' (old chopping block). Right now its mainly just a neighborhood bar, but they have a decent soundsystem and dude might be willing to make a proper dj booth...so its a spot to keep on the radar. Not much space to dance, but I could see it as a destination spot in the future (vs being just a neighborhood joint, like now).

Lastly...any of you big dudes from out of town that want to come to boston to do a gig. The best VENUE would be 'The Office' in the financial district. The sound system is so fucking good its crazy. Noone really goes there except for the sunday night house night (Utopia), but with the proper promotion, it fills up easy. The only bad thing about spinning there was no room to set up Serato, so I had to set up an extra table & it made it crazy difficult to spin. But the soundsystem was so good, I didn't mind.

-pj

i will be there as i am bringing the homie down...i might possibly play for a bit before kenny..we shall get our drink on..
    it will be a good time.
    remember it closes at 1 am !

i will be there as i am bringing the homie down...i might possibly play for a bit before kenny..we shall get our drink on..
    it will be a good time.

you need to drop a set out here in LA Kon. Last time I saw you was at WERS a few years back.

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts

it will be a good time.

shit man, didn't realize this was you... how did nye go at middlesex? E-room was eeeeeempty.

-pj

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Wermser built that city on white and soul. Kon doesn't know how to spin - and he plays with the ponies. Everyone danced at Enormous Room when Wermser was there. The soul left when he did. Deal with it.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

• Thanks for all the info, gang.

Will keep an eye out for you at the Kenny Dope show.

Hit me on the PM if anyone is down to link up for some drinks and laughs.

Thanks again.

• Wermser choked alot of white pole in that city and Kon will destroy me in any club - and I play with the ponies. Everyone danced at Enormous Room when I was there. The soul left when I dropped Randy Newman. Deal with it.

dont front on what really goes on at your parties...

• i will be there as i am bringing the homie down...i might possibly play for a bit before kenny..we shall get our drink on..
    it will be a good time.

shit man, didn't realize this was you... how did nye go at middlesex? E-room was eeeeeempty.

-pj

Bout 100 or so people which was fine with me, i had a blast.....i heard about e room.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• Hey Kon.....shoot me your contact info Supastar......

[email]djshame@gmail.com[/email]

AAIIGGGHHHTTT

AAIIGGGHHHTTT
    i still need that intellligent hoodlum sweatshirt..hahahahaha

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Tonearm, I rifled through your weak ass record collection when I was in Vegas. Where were you?

AAIIGGGHHHTTT
    i still need that intellligent hoodlum sweatshirt..hahahahaha

Rrrriiiigggghhhhttttt....haha!