Fun with the eBay "my messages" feature...

hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
So I'm selling this record by Glenn W Turner on eBay - for those headz who don't know tha deal, he was some dude with a harelip who was a motivational speaker who made a lot of "get rich quick" lp's in the 70's. His records are funny cause you cannot understand him. It's like if that sufferin' sucotash cartoon cat made spoken word records. Anyhow, for the last 3 days some dude has been leaving me messages hasseling me about selling it for $9.99...

"I agree with your comments which leads me to the question, why are you asking so much for an old vinvyl record which is probably scratched and features a mumbling idiot who went to prison???"

After this I asked him why he was even searching for dudes record on eBay, knawmean?

"Why are you selling a record that is probably scratched narrated by a mumbling idiot who went to prison? Do you have recordings of Tekee Williams too? How about Al Capone?"

At this point I realize this is getting weird. I now ask him if Glenn perhaps molested him as a child...

"Do you molest people? Are you a pediphile? Actually just wonder how you can expect anybody to buy this product based on your description, the age of the product, that most vinyl records are worn down and poor quality and not to mention the reputation of this guy. I've seen Elvis records sold for less. And this guy ain't Elvis."

To which I say: "but he may indeed be "the Elvis of harlipped motivational speakers".

I also am curious enough now to look this weird man up on eBay - to my horror I see that all he buys are cassets on "teambulding" and "getting power out of yer money" & shit. I'm not making this up!

Oh yeah, here is a pic of Glenn W Turner

Comments