NFL WEEK 16, 17 BEYOND

debardebar 215 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
haven't seen a NRR NFL post in a few weeks hereso the Chiefs just got knocked out of the playoffs & Vermeil is retiring. they're just the 4th 10-6 team to miss the playoffs since the 12-team format began. all i've got to say is PLEASE, if Carl Peterson doesn't want Al Saunders to take over for Vermeil, then at least bring in Herm Edwards to take the job.So the AFC looks like this in order: Indy, Denver, Cinci, NE, Jax, Pitt. I had all the teams right, just Pitt & Cinci switched.The NFC: Seattle, Chicago, Tampa, Giants, Carolina, Wash/DallasI had absolutely no expectations for TB behind Chris Simms to be in the playoffs & certainly didn't see Washington to be anywhere near that 6th seed. Michael Vick is exciting to watch, but Atlanta needs a real quarterback if they ever want to win a Super Bowl. They fucked this season up. If Dallas ends up missing out, I think Parcells will get out of there. There's gonna be a lot of new head coaches next year. My Super Bowl prediction: Super Bowl XX rematch 20 years later - New England over Chicago

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

The NFC: Seattle[/b], Chicago, Tampa, Giants, Carolina, Wash/Dallas

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    6 victories in a row for the Dolphins

Sunday, January 8
    Pittsburgh (11-5) at Cincinnati (11-5)

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

The NFC: Seattle[/b], Chicago, Tampa, Giants, Carolina, Wash/Dallas

Homerism in full effect!

J/K - BC - happy new year to you and yours!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

My Super Bowl prediction: Super Bowl XX rematch 20 years later - New England over Chicago

Ed Powers - congrats on the Dolphins nice run, and - all joking aside - your team looks like they are only going to get iller and iller over the next few years. AFC East is not going to be the weakest division for long - I expect fierce dogfights in the next few years. Having said that, you do know that the Pats threw that game today so as to let Pitt and Cincinatti beat each other up next week while we hosted Jacksonville, right? I mean, BB let Doug Flutie do a dropkick for the extra point instead of going for the 2 points that would have eventually had that game in OT, fer chrissakes. Miami played hard today, though, and all props are due for that. Just recognize that 4 quarters of Tom Brady/Richard Seymour/etc = end of win streak for the fish

• This has been one crazy NFL season. Going in to the playoffs im still not sure who will come out on top in the NFC. Seattle is the favorite but I wouldn't put any money on any of the teams in the NFC. I still think Indy will win the superbowl. The fact that they don't have to travel anywhere (New England) should help their cause.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts

we in

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I've never seen a year in which a team that finished 13-3 is talked about so little. It's as if every sports publication in the US is being written by one man who notes two things: that Seattle is the top seed in the NFC, yes, and S. Alexander (RB, #37) will be tough to stop.

And then, nothing. Jesus: even Dallas is getting more bone than the Blue Birds. And just wait until the (ultraconservative) spread of their first game unfolds in the morning paper.

Bad market + poor notoriety + bad history = no respect until playoff wins are acquired. The table is not even set; it's like Mom's thinking: "Perhaps I'll cook tonight," whilst the kids are sneaking pork rinds and soda pop.

Or something.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    I've never seen a year in which a team that finished 13-3 is talked about so little.

yeah, the broncos.

• Options
    Chan, any room on the Seattle bandwagon for a Jets fan?

My boys couldn't even do the right thing and lose yesterday for the draft's sake, but we still come away with the #4 pick. Whether or not Vince Young drops to #4 is the question now. You can have Leinart, I'll take the next Randall Cunningham. Or Brady Quinn if he comes out from Notre Dame. Or D'Brickashaw Ferguson, bring the Long Island kid home.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I've never seen a year in which a team that finished 13-3 is talked about so little.

yeah, the broncos.

Hey - you're right. We are brothers in our puzzlement.

• the BEARS!

• My Super Bowl prediction: Super Bowl XX rematch 20 years later - New England over Chicago

thats nice and all but..nah .

brady throws 4 interceptions ,nathan vasher haunts his dreams.
    gets sacked like 5 times.urlacher takes his car (run that brady)

dikta sweater vests fall from the sky ,water turns to blood,chuck norris channels the ghost of buddy ryan and rides in on his steed to call the defensive plays after it is discovered that ron rivera is kidnapped before the game and is later found somewhere in boston surrounded by 5 dead bodys.

nah but foreal.
    bears vs. colts. the colts will sneak by seahawks.
    da bears 9 the colts 7

thats bears football.

Did you mean Bears will sneak by Seahawks?

Cause if the Colts sneak by the Seahawks, it will have to be in the Superbowl...

• My Wild Card picks...

Washington over TB
    NE over Jax
    NYG over Carolina
    Pittsburgh over Cinci

• bears vs. colts. the colts will sneak by seahawks.

Did you mean Bears will sneak by Seahawks?

Cause if the Colts sneak by the Seahawks, it will have to be in the Superbowl...

fair enough.

seahawks 3 bears 4.(safety steez)

• The NFC is wide open. Not much separation from one to six. That being said, it will be tough for any of the WC teams to get a win in Seattle or Soldier Field in two weeks. I'll take the Bears in that game. Rex should be enough for them to get over the hump. The Seahawks have a good defense, but its youth may very well prove to be the difference.

In the AFC, it should really boil down to the winner of the inevitable Colts/Pats game. Give the Broncos an outside shot if Plummer can pull out some crazy play for a couple of games. Patriots have an air about them right now, so I'll take a SuperBowl XX rematch: Bears/Pats.

This is the best time of the year for football. MNC game in one more day and the NFL playoffs are like some of the best shit ever. Then football will be gone for many months. Sad times.

• debardebar 215 Posts

My Super Bowl prediction: Super Bowl XX rematch 20 years later - New England over Chicago

thats nice and all but..nah .

brady throws 4 interceptions ,nathan vasher haunts his dreams.
    gets sacked like 5 times.urlacher takes his car (run that brady)

dikta sweater vests fall from the sky ,water turns to blood,chuck norris channels the ghost of buddy ryan and rides in on his steed to call the defensive plays after it is discovered that ron rivera is kidnapped before the game and is later found somewhere in boston surrounded by 5 dead bodys.

nah but foreal.
    da bears 9 the colts 7

thats bears football.

check the loc, though i'm a chiefs fan, i got the bears' back. but let's be real, chicago can dominate the NFC, but if they get the Pats, Colts, or Steelers, it's .

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    The only way a team is going to beat Seattle is in the air (and early). Seattle's secondary is mincemeat after injuries to ALL of their starters this year (although some have returned). Hell, they surrender at least 220 Passing yards per game. But their run defense is top-shelf. Probably top-5 in the NFL; Thomas Jones is in for a rough game. And I don't see Sexy Rexy topping Seattle all by his lonesome. You need to be able to score 21+ points in a playoff game - something the Bares did only 3 times in the regular season (once each against the terrible defenses of their own NFC North).

Either way, the Bears will lose before the NFC championship game. But I think it's the Colts' year.

Oh, and: Seattle plays the Bears in Soldier Field next year.

• parenparen 537 Posts

well that's nice, at least you can pretend...