Leon's Creation / Creation

pookeyblowpookeyblow 406 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
How many LPs did they release?I have one LP with Leon's Creation on Studio 10 (private?), and another LP where the band is just called Creation..luv em bothAny rare?

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Leons Creation released something in either '6 or the early 70's on Studio 10. Than in 1974 they signed with Atlantic under Creation and released at least one single that I've seen on a promotional release LP the label put out. I never seen an album so I don't know if it ever actually dropped

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Studio 10 (private?)

Studio 10 was a small indie, not private... I've got some halfassed garage LP on the label...

• Never released? I have to check my Creation LP..

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Studio 10 (private?)

Studio 10 was a small indie, not private... I've got some halfassed lounge/ hair-related LP on the label...

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Never released? I have to check my Creation LP..

you mean the one on atco with the cartoon cover?

• yeah..

Nice LP. One very, very, very good soul tune on it..

Easy to find?

• HamHam 872 Posts
    Until you were gone =

• Wastin' My Time =

• Studio 10 (private?)

Studio 10 was a small indie, not private... I've got some halfassed garage LP on the label...

There are at least three LPs on Studio 10: Karl Richey (Dylan-inspired folk), Day Blindness, and Leon's Creation. It was an indie run by some biker who ride off into the sunset one day never to be heard from again, according to someone from Day Blindness.

Leon Patillo went on to do gospel, and has apparently disavowed Leon's Creation since they remain unmentioned in the discography available on his website:
    http://www.leonpatillo.org/

At the time of the Leon's Creation LP, it's rumoured that he was playing with Santana, as were some of his band.