Do I need an ipod?

13»

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Hogg,

You my man but you're being a straight hatter right now.

The Nano is fine for people who don't need to digitize their entire music library onto a single device. And yes, it's small and the screens are kind of wack but design-wise, they're rather amazing.

(the clerk said "you just made somebodys day")

weren't those nanos going for crazey loot on ebay because the stores were out of them??!

I can't get over how lame the Nano is. The whole attraction is that it's so small? Dude, if a freaking iPod is somehow too big for you, then you have issues.

Plus, 2 or 4 gigs is nothing once you start loading 'em up.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    My stepdad just got me a iPod Shuffle. I think I'm gonna trade it in for some memory for my iBook or my G5.

Or put it towards a 60G.

• my girlfriend got me the 30 gig video ipod for christmas with this:

it's pretty great not to have CDs sliding around all over the place in my car, and I can just put it on shuffle and drive around for weeks without hearing the same song twice.

• Nah you don't need one. I swear on anything I was thinking about this today and had the same question run through my head..."How long will it take to transfer all these tapes?" I also had more questions run through my head "Do I even need a 400+ mp3 player when my tape players do me good?" No. I don't need one I just want it to not fuck up my tapes but I can just transfer them to CD in data form and play em on my mp3 CD player without spending 4 bills. I have had the CD player for 2 years and never really use it for mp3 since I stick to tapes now.

I would like to get one as a gift but that is the only way. I still don't think I would change formats (Tape to MP3). I say invest it on a dope old tape player. They are much more reliable than the new ones. If you ain't up on players I can hit you off with a small list of dope ones and I know AKO can hook you up too. There is really no reason to change formats other than to protect your tapes or if you mind carrying tapes. I don't so I see no NEED for it. That's my thoughts.

Lastly instead of iPod there is MiniDisc. I still have mine from like 4-5 years ago. MZ-R37 I believe. It has a MIC INPUT and other shit that the newer models dont have but also they only fit 80 minutes max. New ones fit like 4 hours each minidisc. I use it sometimes but not regularly.

Done.

• Lastly instead of iPod there is MiniDisc. I still have mine from like 4-5 years ago. MZ-R37 I believe. It has a MIC INPUT and other shit that the newer models dont have but also they only fit 80 minutes max. New ones fit like 4 hours each minidisc.

buying a minidisc now would be like buying a laserdisc writer to convert and play your old vhs tapes. absolute awesomeness.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    this might sound weird, but does anybody have any experience swimming with one of these? i don't know how confident i'd be in taking an ipod underwater

http://www.otterbox.com/products/ipod_cases/ipod-video-case/

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    its must work for midgets that can manage to swim 3 feet under water[/b]

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    well when you swim you tend to stay on the surface of the water, whether or not you're a midget. but yeah the three feet thing does seem a little restrictive.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    :eyeball: