that new Alkoholiks 12" is retardedly hot

Mongo_SladeMongo_Slade 999 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Anybody hear "The Flute Song"?

Shocked the shit out of me. I assumed they were done, on some "After your album flop, you gon' be on Koch" shit.

Comments

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Anybody hear "The Flute Song"?

Shocked the shit out of me. I assumed they were done, on some "After your album flop, you gon' be on Koch" shit.

yeah, that's been out for a minute. i like how the track is 'hot' enough but still representative of oG alkaholiks.

• yeh the track is straight up heat.

• yup yup

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    ...yeah, out for a minute, the track is extra hot.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    True story.

I don't usually remember the first time I hear a song but back in the summer of 1993 I was working at a youth employment training center in Oakland, CA. One of my fellow counselors was this guy from L.A. whose cousin would send him different mixtapes and dubbed advances of hip-hop. He knew I was a rap fan as well and one day he comes in and is positively beaming. He's rocking a walkman with some of those cheap foam headphones, steps to me and says, "Yo, you need to hear this shit. My cousin just sent it to me and the shit is banging."

I didn't know enough of his taste to automatically presume he knew what he was talking about but in any case, he gave me the headphones, rewound the tape and then played me this.

'Twas that retarded hip-hop straight off the block.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    yes - super hot - I'm really feelin this... I don't know if E-Swift did this beat but even still dude got shit on lock...

• party ya ass off

• yes - super hot - I'm really feelin this... I don't know if E-Swift did this beat but even still dude got shit on lock...

in the last verse he says "e-swift provided the beat and that's me, i might slang you a track and kick a verse for free"

a hot track indeed.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Any song that mentions Priest Holmes is alright in my book!